You might also like
- WP 7.5 Updates coming to Samsung Focus 1.4 ( At & T )
- Whatsapp for Windows Phone 8 Leaked Screenshots
- How to use Windows Phone as USB Drive ( Copy Photos, Music and Videos )
- AppDetective : Automatically search apps in any Windows Phone Marketplace based on Keywords
- Folder App : Now create Folders instantly on Windows Phone ( On Device )
Internet Explorer on Windows Phone does not have any security feature or even Filtering feature which can let you control on what kids are browsing in your phone. Hopefully Family Safety will be a part of Windows Phone 8 but for Windows Phone 7 users, AVG has launched a Family Safety App in form of browser which you can set as default browser for Windows Phone.
So basically this app utilizes the same feature AVG Family Safety service offers and makes sure when you try to visit a site which is marked as scam, fraud, phishing and potentially malicious online content and inappropriate, it does not allow the user to browse them.
However if you use the AVG Family Safety feature you will have more features in the mobile version like
- Manage list of blocked and allowed websites
- You can even block social networking websites, though chances are apps will be used for them
- Some of the features which AVG Family Safety users enjoy on desktop i.e Media Blocking, Safety lock, File extension blocks, Monitor and Warning Messages, Parental Alerts etc, are not yet available.
Apart from this The app provides the basic features of a browser like history of websites visited, bookmarks like the default browser in Windows Phone.
Remember AVG Family Safety for PC which is a paid product, so you can use this feature only if you have it already. Just that you do not confuse, you need not to buy AVG Family Safety to use this app, the app has security features already built in. Read more in FAQ here