You might also like
Bing Translator app has now turned down all the competition for translation apps on Windows Phone by providing a significant update which helps you use the translation feature even without a data connection by providing offline translation. This is made possible by having language pack installed in the app itself.
Apart from this it also provides Image to Text Translation which is already built into Windows Phone Search > Scan text. To use it, all you need is hold your camera over a text, and it will detect and translate. The translation can be saved as photo into phone’s photo library.
When using Voice translation, you have an option to edit and listen to the translation after the process is complete. This is kind of tricky because in case you are in an area which has noise, the translation can be wrong. So make sure you are not editing it wrong.
Before you start know that all the Language Pack downloads are under Discover screen.
- The language pack download happens in the background. This means if you want to use the app while the download is in progress, you can do that. Also, you will get notified on the progress.
- When you download specific language pack, it is removed from the list of languages which keeps away the confusion.
- You can pin the screen which takes the input for translation i.e. Keyboard, Camera and Voice which means you can skip the start menu and start working on the translation part, right away.
- Alternative words are suggested for translated text in all modes.
- View History of all the translations i.e. Text, Voice and Image (if you save) with a clear distinction on the type as a different image is used for each of them.
- Editing all the translations is possible.
- Since language translation pair is already set to use, Option to Pin these kind of pairs will be useful.
- Image Translation should be automatic when connected to internet. As of now the language is predefined.
- Option to pin translations from history.
[minigallery id="3867" style="box border box_white"]