Are you in favor of locking down your PC every time you go away? Or do you use your device in public quite often? Well, here’s some really good news for you. Windows 10 Creators Update brings to you the Dynamic Lock feature which will help you keep your PC safe and It gives you an added layer of security.
This feature by Windows 10 Creators Update helps you to lock down your PC every time you and your phone move out of the Bluetooth range. How? The Dynamic Lock uses a Bluetooth connection between your phone and your PC to maintain a contact. As soon as your PC will sense that you have moved out of the Bluetooth range, it will stay unlocked for another 30 seconds and then shut your PC down. You will then have to log in with your password, Windows Hello or your PIN.
But how will you use this amazing feature? Well, here’s how you can use the new Dynamic lock feature in Windows 10 Creators Update.
In order to use Dynamic Lock you first need to connect the Bluetooth on your phone to that of your PC.
- You need to go to your phone Settings and “Switch On” your Bluetooth.
That’s it. Now you have to switch on Bluetooth and connect your Windows phone to your PC. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to your PC and right click on the Start button.
- Go to Settings then click on the Device option available under Settings.
- Under the Device option, you will be able to find an option Bluetooth and Other Devices. Click on to it.
- To turn on the Bluetooth on your PC, click on to the button available under Bluetooth option.
- Once you have switched on the Bluetooth option on your PC you will be provided with an option which states Add Bluetooth or Other Devices. Click on it.
- Your PC will now start searching for nearby Bluetooth devices and will provide you with a list.
- When your phone’s Bluetooth appears on the list, click on to it.
- If both the devices (i.e. your phone and PC) are showing the same PIN, then click on the Connect option available to Connect the Devices.
- Once connected, you can click on the Done button to complete the process.
Once you connect your phone to your PC via Bluetooth, now you need to turn on the Dynamic Lock feature. Follow the steps below:
- You first need to right click on the Start button and go to the Settings option which comes under it and then go to Accounts option under Settings.
- You have to now go to Sign –in Options and if you scroll down you will get the Dynamic Lock option and a check box beside it. Click on the check box so that the check mark appears beside it.
That’s it! Your Dynamic Lock feature is now on and whenever you and your phone will step out of the given Bluetooth range, it will automatically lock down your PC within a span of 30 seconds. We hope that the tutorial is easy to follow but if you face any difficulty, do let us know in the comments section below and we will try to resolve it.
Dynamic Lock comes with its own set of drawbacks. You can read about it here.