You might also like
- Move Contacts, Calendars, Pictures, Songs and Videos from Android and iOS to Lumia
- Keep your Photo and Videos Locked on Windows Phone 8
- Baconit’s BacoSync Syncs Reddit Links between Windows Phone and Browser, Allows to Send links to Phone
- 500px App for Windows Phone- Shoopix
- My people : Distraction less Secret Phone Book for Windows Phone
Of the best feature of Windows Phone is probably the start menu with tiles. Instead of icons on other OS like Android and iPhone, Windows Phone gives a totally different experience. These tiles update in real time with details based on the app. You can also add websites to start screen by pinning it from Internet Explorer.
Generally when you pin a website to start screen, you do not have any options to customize text and color of the tile, but with Custom Tiles, a web app created by Brad Billman, you can customize the text and color or pinned websites on the start menu.
To start creating your own custom pinned site, open this page- http://zqp.me/custom-tiles/ on your Windows Phone IE. Enter the URL, text and other details.
When you click on the icon, you can change the color of the custom tile, there are quite a few colors available to choose from. Once all the details are completed, select Pin to start from the IE options.
Now you can see the custom tile on your start menu and this opens the website directly. The web app is pretty useful if you have large number of websites pinned to start menu.