When you launch Photos App in your Windows Phone, you must have seen few default folders already like the camera roll, albums which includes pictures from WhatsApp, Screenshot and so on. While being in the app, it is impossible to create another folder as the OS doesn’t support it but did you know it is still possible to create folders in the ALBUM section and in the Camera roll ?
I have this problem. I created a folder with pictures. Then deleted it later. But my phone keeps generating an empty folder by the same name. No matter how many times I delete it, it keeps coming back :-
When connected with a PC, you must have seen that it becomes possible to access the Pictures, Documents etc like you do when connect an SD card or external drive to your PC. The phone is available as selectable drive. This means that you can do basic file operators and create folders inside Camera Roll, In Pictures folder. Done that how do they appear ?
- A folder created in Camera Roll, appears on top of the list of files in it. You can either move important pictures in that folder or move videos in it.
- The biggest advantage of moving videos in separate folder is you can access them quickly instead of trying to find then in camera roll as there is no way to search or sort them by pictures.
- You can move all your videos in the folder you created above and sharing will easy.
- Any folder created in the Picture Section of the storage, appears under Albums when you go to Photos > Albums in Windows Phone
- Want to hide some videos or pictures ? Create Subfolders and subfolders like you had in your Windows Machine.
- A Great Way to organize your Music As well.
One spooky thing that might happen. Sometimes even after deleting a folder, it reappears. Ghostly but Windows Phone seems to be doing it and the only way to get rid of this is do a soft reset (volume down + power button.)