Finally, it is here, the Windows 10 Creators Update by Microsoft will be soon rolled out and will be available to people from April 11th, 2017. It will make the Windows 10 PC lot safer and much more productive than it was before.
Windows 10 Creators Update brings forth a lot of new changes which will make your computing experience a lot better. Features like Paint 3D App which will allow you to mix virtual reality with the help of Windows Holographic. Windows 10 Creators Update will also feature the tab support and various supports for e-books.
Windows 10 Creators Update also brings good news for gamers as you will get the Beam integration for all the in games and gaming performance will be enhanced by the Gaming Mode.
The security of the PC will be highly enhanced with the help of Windows Security Defender, which will become your new dashboard and will allow you to manage the malware protection, system performance and security in a much better way. Windows 10 Creators Update brings to you a number of other large and small tweaks.
The Windows 10 Creators Update will be dependent on a number of factors and not all Windows 10 users will not get the up gradation at the very same time. It will depend upon the location of the rollout along with the type of Windows 10 you are using and the load on the server which is rolling out the update.
The update is made in such a way that it will automatically get updated and installed on your device, but if you are of the impatient type and want your update right now, then you will have to do a few tasks which will allow you to do so.
Below are some of the methods by which you can get your Windows 10 Creators Update.
1. Get Windows 10 Creators Update Using the Update Assistant
If you have been using Windows 10 for long now, you will be aware of the Windows 10 Update Assistant which helps you to upgrade the PC. If any of the Windows 10 devices, be it PC or laptop or tablet, didn’t get a particular update of Windows 10, then this tool will help them manually download the particular update and install it so the device is up to the latest mark.
From 5th April 2017 onwards, you will be able to use Windows 10 Update Assistant to get the Windows 10 Creators Update.
You will have to follow the steps below to achieve it.
- You will be able to download the Media Creation Tool from the official website of Microsoft support.
- In order to start the process, you will have to double click on the Windows10Upgrade.exe file that will come with the tool.
- In doing so you will get a window which will have an Update Now button. You will have to click on it.
- This will allow the tool to do a system check and if your system is at par with the requirement of the upgrade, you will get the Next button.
- In order to get the upgrade, you will have to click on the Restart Now button which is available and you will get the upgrade.
Once the above steps are completed and the upgrades will be installed on your PC, all your files and your settings will be intact. The upgrading time is nearly 20 mins depending on the internet speed and hardware present on your PC. You will have to configure your privacy settings and a few other options by going through the out of box experience or OOBE.
2. Get Windows 10 Creators Update Using the Windows Insider Program
One of the best methods of getting Windows 10 Creators Update is by becoming a part of the Windows Insider Program.
This program was made so that users can preview the updates of Windows before they have been released, but they are also a way by which you can get an early Windows 10 Creators Update.
The program comes with 3 levels. The Fast and Slow ring which will allow you to preview of all the updates much before they are ready for everyone. However, these two rings will also face all errors and bugs of the updates that are a part and parcel of the early development. The Release Preview ring, however, will not have any of these hassles and will provide you with the latest upgrades before everyone else.
In order to get the upgrade, you will have to do the following steps:
- Go to Settings and open it.
- You will get the Update and Security option, go to it.
- You will get the Windows Insider Program, click on it.
- Next, you will get the Get Started Button, click on it.
- In order to apply the new changes, you will have to restart your device.
- On restarting you will have to go back to the Windows Insider Program option and click on it again.
- You will now have to choose your level as the Release Preview.
Once done, you will start getting all the new updates before everyone else. However, you will have to wait for 24 hours before your device starts getting these updates. In case you have already enrolled yourself, you might already have the creator version, and you need to check it by going to Settings > System > About.
Release Preview is probably the safest way to get all the updates. Once you have enrolled yourself, you now need to:
- Go to Settings.
- Click the Upgrade and Security button available.
- You will now have to click on the Windows Insider Program.
- Next, you need to select the Stop Insider Preview Builds button.
- You will get an option Keep giving me builds until the next Windows release, click on it.
- Click on the Restart button and then the Restart Now button which will restart your device and change the savings.
You can also go back to the previous settings by clicking on Roll me back to the last Windows release button.
3. Get Windows 10 Creators Update Using Windows Update
If you are not ready to get into any of the hassles, then you can simply wait till the Windows 10 Creators Update is rolled out in April and then get it through the Windows Update option by following the steps below:
- Go to Settings and open it.
- Go to the option which states Update and Security.
- You will get a Check for Updates option. Click on the same.
Once you have done the steps, the system you are using will undergo a check and if it is on par with the requirements of the update, then the update will start automatically and you will just have to click on the Restart Now button in order to complete the installation.
This upgrade will be like any other OS update in your Windows 10 PC. Once done, you will get a new screen in order to customize your settings. This will help you understand all the controls of Microsoft, which comes with the installation.
4. Get Windows 10 Creators Update using the Media Creation Tool
Opting for the Media Creation Tool and updating your system is another method for getting Windows 10 Creators Update.
As Microsoft uses only the Windows Update option to roll out new updates for testing the credibility of the servers, you might have to wait a bit before you can try out these alternative options.
When Windows 10 Creators Update is available via the Media Creation Tool, you need to follow the steps below to get your system upgraded.
- You will get the Media Creation Tool on the official website of Microsoft. You need to download the same on your device.
- On downloading you will get MediaCreationTool.exe. Double click on the file in order to initiate the process.
- You will have to accept the terms and condition by clicking on the Accept button available. Now you have to select Update this PC Now and click on Next button.
- In order to keep your apps, files and setting safe on the device being upgraded, you will have to click on the Keep personal files and apps option available which you will get by clicking on the Change What to Keep option present. This should be selected in a default manner, but do check in order to be on the safer side.
- Now all you have to do is click on the Install button to begin the whole process.
When you have clicked on Install, it will take over your device and install the Windows 10 Creators Update without erasing any of the files or settings. The whole process will take around 30 mins for completion but will depend on your PC configuration and internet speed.
Windows 10 Creators Update will be one of the best updates of Windows 10. But it is always safer to wait until it is officially available for everyone. One of the best things about Microsoft is the fact that they roll out their upgrades in a slow manner in order to reduce the number of affected in case something goes wrong with the update.
Although Windows 10 Creators Update will keep all your files safe and won’t even harm your settings, it always best to keep a complete backup of your system in case something goes wrong.
Go ahead, get Windows 10 Creators Update and enjoy it!