You might also like
- Video : Max Payne 3 Coming to Xbox 360 this May, Pre Order is Open
- Microsoft takes Xbox Gaming Seriously in India, Launches Exclusive Offers with Airtel
- Microsoft might have a Windows Phone Backup Tool Already in Place for it’s Next Version
- Samsung announces Low End Windows Phone, Samsung Omnia M
- Right Size : Windows Phone App to convert clothes size when shopping in Different country
Few days back the first update to Windows Phone 8, the Portico update, was released by Nokia for its Lumia phones. This update will be rolled out to all devices across the world in February. The portico update officially fixes many bugs and also add some enhancements like reply to incoming call with text etc. It also fixes the Wi-Fi getting disabled when you lock the screen. Apart from this, was there an update to battery performance on Lumia 920? I updated to 8.0.10211.204 (Portico) on the same day it was released and seeing some great improvements to battery life.
Here is a screenshot from Lumia 920. This is the best battery life I got on the 920 since I got it in December and this was after the Portico update.
Now if you see the difference in battery backup soon after full battery charge, you can definitely see some increase. Before portico it was 18 hours at 100% charge and after portico its around 22 hours at 100%.
Although Microsoft or Nokia has not mentioned anything about battery improvement, there seems to be some improvement. Have you got the portico update and seeing any improvement in battery backup?