An offline Xbox Profile is one which is created on your Xbox but is not connected to an Xbox Live account. This means all the Game Related Data, Scores, Badges remain on your Xbox and can be seen there only.
Now if one day it so happen that you decide that you want to have an online presence and since many of your friends are already on Xbox Live, It will be cool to showcase what your profile has.
Now if you thought that you just cannot take all your offline data and connect it to an account, then you know it wrong. It is possible to turn your offline Xbox Profile to an Online Xbox Live account but there is just one simple condition. We will get to that later but first see how can you connect.
- Go to your gamer profile on your Xbox. You might have to sign in if you are not already.
- Make sure you are connected to Internet
- Press A to select your profile and then select the option which says Join Xbox Live.
- Once you do that, you will be signed of your account. So make sure you have all your games saved if you are playing any.
- Next, Xbox will check for your Network Status to find it it can connect to internet.
- Next a new screen will greet you and you will need to use an email address ( A Live Account ) to finish it. Select Continue.
- Next Type in your Name, Password, Date Of Birth and Accept their policies.
- Thats it, Once everything is successful, you should get a Gamer Tag which can be changed as this is the first time.
- So now if you go to your profile in Xbox, You will see your Gamer Tag instead of the profile name which was there before.
[styled_box title=”Video Tutorial” color=”green”]
Direct Link to Video
The only place where this will fail if the live account you are using already has a gamer tag associated with it. In case you get any error of this sort you can either use another live account ( best to create new ) or change associated of the live account with that gamer tag.