You might also like
- NumNet : Love Adding Numbers ? Try this Windows Phone Game
- Nokia Lumia 520 vs Lumia 620- Specs Comparison
- Xbox One vs PS4 : Which One will You Buy?
- Lumia 800, 710, Dell Venue Pro, Samsung Omnia W and Omnia 7 All Getting Tango Updates
- Copy PDF File to Office Hub / SD Card for Unlocked Windows Phone 8
Microsoft has rolled out Windows Phone GDR3 update for developers or on the phones which are unlocked using the dev account. This is the first time I am trying out the beta for Windows Phone and this is exactly how the Xbox beta is distributed, using an APP.
Using the Preview for Developers Program or the app, you will be able to register via the app using your Microsoft Account which is used in Dev Center and on the phone. Now in case you are not dev, and you still want to try it out, you can use the Windows Phone App Studio developer. to get this job done.
Below is a quick video which I shot ( sorry for all the noises)
Check out Video Walk through of all the GDR3 Features
Steps to Install GDR3
- Register using the same account which you have on your phone on Windows Phone App Studio
- Next step, you will receive an email containing a certificate. Install it
- Once the above step is complete, download the app from here
- Once the app is downloaded, launch it and follow the on screen instruction.
- You will have to accept terms and conditions and also signup with your Microsoft account.
- Once done, your information and phone is registered with Microsoft.
- Go ahead to Phone Settings > Phone Update and start downloading the update.
Overall its a 30 to 40 minutes process for the installation to complete. You will notice that there is a progress bar to the Upgrading Gears this time which reminds me the time when we used to update using Zune. Followed by this there is a long migration process for the apps.