You might also like
An Xbox Profile on an console is as open as any book unless you lock it down with a pass code which is created using the controls on your controller i.e. Using X, Y, Triggers, bumpers and the D Pad. Sadly you cannot use your keybaord here :)
- Sigin in to your profile on your xbox
- Go to My Xbox > Profile > Account Management > Manage Account
- Switch to Your Information and select Xbox Live Pass Code
- Then you need to set the pass code using the controller.
- Now if this is the first time you are doing this, It will ask you twice, If you already did this before it will ask you once and then you can change it.
- To clear press A on your controller and confirm.
This pass code is asked when you choose to sign in to your profile. Since most of the Xbox Live Accounts are connected to a Credit Card which is used to buy Microsoft Points and download games.
[styled_box title="Secure Gamertag with Passcode" color="green"]
Watch on YouTube
Drawback : Unsecured Offline Xbox Profiles
The drawback of this is that it can be used only to secure an Xbox Profile which is connected to a live account and not for offline profiles. So if you want to secure your offline account you do not have a choice but connect it an online account which is very easy, Learn How you can do that.
You can also think of moving offline profiles to a USB or any Xbox Storage device and plug and play when you want. This way nobody can delete your profile from any Xbox Console.