You might also like
- Nokia Unveils The Lumia 800 Dark Knight Rises Limited Edition Handset
- How to use Here Maps Offline to Find Directions in Windows Phone
- Nokia Lumia 710 Now Shipping To India, Hong Kong, Singapore and Russia!
- Nokia Music App For Lumia Handsets Updated; Adds Mix Radio Feature
- Kinect Disneyland Adventure : Must have Xbox Game for Parents and Kids
If you a kind of Xbox Gamer who keeps on playing with other Gamers who are in your neighbour or when you are visiting your cousion who got an Xbox to keep you busy in holidays, It is time you make your Gamer Tag roaming, So all you need is plugin and play and still have all the data along with you and saved online.
In this tutorial we will learn how you can copy your Gamer Tag from an Xbox Device to a storage device which can be your Xbox 360 Harddisk, USB or any other Harddisk you are using to keep your Xbox games.
[styled_box title="Move Xbox Profile Video Demo" color="green"]
Watch on YouTube
Steps to Move xbox profile to USB or External Storage
- Turn on your Console and Make sure you are not signed into any profile.
- Now go to System Settings under My Xbox
- Plugin your storage device.
- Now select Memory and then USB Storage device.
- In case this is the first tine it is being used you will get option to Configure and Customize i.e. You USB will be formatted and make it ready to be used in XBOX.
- Now get back to System Settings > Memory and this time choose Memory Unit where your profile is stored.
- Go to Gamer Profiles and Select the profile you want to move and choose Move.
- Next you will need to select the Memory Unit you want to move to.
- Once you select, all your data will be moved and will no longer be available on your Xbox Console.
- Once this process is complete, You will be signed in again to that profile.
Things to Remember :
- Dont worry if you do not have a official storage device from Xbox, Any standard device will work.
- After your USB is configured, It will get displayed as Memory Unit. The only option to differentiate is according to size or the icon.
- Make sure you have backed up all your data on your USB if this is the first time you are going to use it with the console.