You might also like
- Installing Windows Phone Apps from US Market Place in Different Country using Zune
- Video : Battery Status App updated with New features and Better Graphs
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 Announced, Coming to Xbox 360 and Windows Phone
- Nokia Releases Lumia 928
- GDR3 Arrives on Windows Phone in Xbox Beta Delivery Style
I received the Lumia 510 yesterday and am pretty excited to use it now to find out how it competes with Lumia 610 as Lumia 510 is bit stripped down version when it comes to space etc. but it does come with a 4 inch screen which is the best selling point apart from all the goodies and stableness of the Windows Phone OS. So below is the unboxing video followed by my first impression :
Video : Lumia 510 Unboxing
First Impression of Lumia 510
When I first did hold the phone it felt nicer than 610 because of the size, It was a nice fit for me and bigger screen also helped me getting the typing done much smoothly which I found a bit difficult in 610. Even though Lumia 510 comes with TFT screen compared to capacitive of 610, it did not feel like it was lagging somewhere but Lumia 610 screen is gorilla glass which is huge difference as it keeps your phone screen off from small scratches.
The back cover of the Lumia 510 is plastic or something similar but does not feel like one when you hold it. Infact its bit of rough finish compared to smooth back cover of Lumia 610.
Answers to Few question asked yesterday :
- It has available storage of 2.18 GB with no expandable slot.
- There is no Front Camera but back camera is of 5MP but is missing flash.
- It runs the same processor as Lumia 610 which is Snapdragon S1 800 MHz
- This phone should get an upgrade to 7.8 ( though I am waiting for official words) which will bring in Bluetooth file transfer.
- There is no flash support which is because the OS does not support it.
- It supports 3G