You might also like
- Video : Whats new in Windows Phone 7.8 and How to upgrade
- Review: Brando Power Jacket for Lumia 920 (Freedom from wired charging)
- Daily Dashboard brings Calendar, Weather & Birthdays in One Place on your Windows Phone
- Nokia Power Keyboard for Lumia 2520- Hands on
- App Deals- Mehdoh, Assasin Creed, Earthworm HD Free
During the review of Lumia 625, I received a couple of emails and comments from WPXBOX readers asking me what would I pickup if I have to choose between Lumia 625, Lumia 720 and Lumia 820. Many of you also said that the price of all these three devices have come very close to each other and you are very right on that. As I check on Flipkart the current prices are :
- Lumia 625 : Rs 18880
- Lumia 720 : Rs 17190
- Lumia 820 : Rs 21000
So looking at that, it’s pretty much clear that Nokia is quite successful in creating a device at every price and in their strategy not to put everything in one phone. This has resulted in bit of confusion among a lot of users. In this post and video, I am giving you a clear idea on specific advantage of each of these phones and what they are good at. At the end you will be have to figure out which suits your need. I have used all the three phones and have review them and compared them before.
Lumia 625 vs Lumia 720 vs Lumia 820:
- Hardware: Lumia 820 > Lumia 625 > Lumia 720
- Camera: Lumia 720 > Lumia 820 > Lumia 625
- Design & Build: Lumia 820 > Lumia 625 > Lumia 720
- Screen Quality: Lumia 820 > Lumia 720 > Lumia 720
- Battery Life: Lumia 820 = Lumia 720 > Lumia 625
Nokia Lumia 820 : Those who look for Performance
Lumia 820 is a rock star phone if you can keep the 92X series off the track. The phone not only is equipped with powerful hardware but also quality screen and brilliant app performance. It’s a high-end phone which means anything built on Windows Phone will run from day one and definitely faster than any of its variant which only has half of its RAM.
The only drawback if I have to say for Lumia 820 then it will be its camera. It houses a 8.7 MP camera which performs pretty well if I have to compare it with 625 but still doesn’t beat the Lumia 720 camera.
Nokia Lumia 720: Those who look for a Lumia 920 like camera but at cheaper price
When I reviewed Lumia 720, I nick named it as the Mini Lumia 920. The phone camera is just brilliant for this price range thanks to Nokia who managed to put in a f/1.9 6.3 MP camera which does a tremendous job in low light and day light both and comes very close to Lumia 920 quality.
Apart from that the phone is a budget phone and a low-end phone housing only 512 MB RAM but has a Corning Gorilla Glass 2 which is same as Lumia 625.
Nokia Lumia 625 : Those who seek entertainment
Why do we love big screens? Things look better and watching movie and plat games over it is just a bliss. When it comes to browsing you can read more text, you scroll less. Lumia 625 is a phone and comes with a processor clocked faster than the Lumia 720 and is closer to the Lumia 820. Though it houses only 512 MB RAM but it also includes a dedicated GPU. This combination makes sure you still get performance.
Lumia 820 comes with ClearBlack AMOLED display while Lumia 720 has ClearBlack IPS LCD and Lumia 625 is just IPS LCD. So even though Lumia 625 has the biggest screen, when it comes to readability it doesn’t stand a chance against both.
Lumia 625 has one big advantage I never talked in any of the videos. This phone supports 4G and one who is looking for 4G in a low-end device, it can be a good pickup. However keeping India in mind, 4G still does not exist.
This phone can be termed as a lower mid-ranged device because of big screen, faster CPU, dedicated GPU but lesser RAM and strong glass.
Related Reading on Lumia 625
- Day 1: Exclusive Apps & Readability
- Day 2: Lumia 625 Gaming Performance
- Day 3 & 4 : Lumia 625 as an Entertainment Device
- Day 5 & 6 : Lumia 625 Battery Live and Phone performance
- Day 7 : Lumia 625 Build & Hardware
- Day 8: Lumia 625 as a Camera Phone
- Day 9: Lumia 625 vs Lumia 720 and Lumia 820