You might also like
- From Cheese : Help the Mouse to grab Cheese on Windows Phone
- Huawei launches Ascend W1, A Low End Windows Phone 8
- Some Leaked Tango Screenshot Seems to be Fake but Why Tango is good for Windows Phone Ecosystem
- Xbox One to have Upload Studio for Sharing Gameplays
- List Of Games & Apps Announced For Xbox 360 At E3
Windows Phone App market is certainly getting richer with quality apps and today we have picked up another well done app, Metrobrite, an Eventbrite App for Windows Phone. For those who are unaware, Eventbrite is an online service where you can create your event, sell / buy tickets and join with thousands of people on an event.
So coming back to the app, Metrobrite in its first version allows you to use your Eventbrite account, so you can manager your events, tickets, orders, attendees, venues and organizers. And since the app entirely followed the metro based design concept, the experience is just stunning.
Feature List :
- Manage your events, tickets, orders, attendees, venues and organizers. This means you can create events, add venues, add organizers also.
- Comes with Bing powered map which can tell you about events happening around you. This is handy when you have nothing to do and you want to hop in an event which interests you.
- You can launch the Event details right from the map itself.
- You can set reminders for events, so you never forget one.
- You can also add it to your Live Calendar.
- Search helps you find events by location, date categories and keywords.
- Since its powered by Bing, you can get directions just instantly.
Now since, this is the first version of the app, there are a lot of features, you might feel are missing. So here are my suggestions :
- Pin Events / Tickets to start menu.
- Include Location based reminder feature so if I am around an event, a friendly reminder can help me attend it.
- Context menu integration which specifically for Events, should include Add Reminder option.
- Send Event Details including tickets, attendees etc over Email as an attachment.
- Support for Add to Calendar directly if possible.
As per the discussion with the Developer on the next version we were told that :
This is version 1.0 of Metrobrite and you can soon expect more features in incoming versions like pinning events to start screen, live tile notification, OAuth2 authentication, support for discounts, invitations and contact lists, integration of your attendees, invites and contacts with your phone contacts which will enable you to easily contact any person with sms text or phone call. Also, in testing phase is attendee check-in, bar code scanning and live synchronization functionalities, which will enable organizers to easily manage events on the day of event.
Also, Registration isn’t exposed via API (too complex), so the dev has added registration html widget to event page which is handled by @eventbrite.
[minigallery id="3648" style="box border box_white"]