Microsoft hosted a Press and Analyst Event with Joe Belfiore and Nick Parker Today, Sunday, Feb. 23 at 12 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. CET at the Hotel Rey Juan Carlos, Barcelona. In this conference Microsoft has made important announcement for Windows Phone 8 and here is the list:
- Foxconn, Gionee, HTC
- JSR, Huwaie, Karbonn
- Lenevo, LG, Longcheer
- Nokia, Samsung, ZTE
- and XOLO
One of the company which many were looking forward to was MicroMax but its not in the list.
- On screen buttons
- New Snapdragon processors 200, 400, and 400 LTE along with TD-LTE, TD-SCDMA and SGLTE chipsets which will enable development for both low and high end devices. Now with so many partners in the list, this will make sure that companies like XOLO which is on low end devices can also get benefited.
- Dual SIM Support with total control of user experience with dual live tile for phone and messaging along with option to merge messaging into one. As per rumors, the first device with dual SIM should be the Lumia 635.
- Camera Button will go optional.
Software Enhancements and Apps:
- Facebook Messenger coming to Windows Phone which will let you see messages without launching the app including chat with groups and make plans on the go. There will be support for stickers, upload photo, record voice messages, seen status, always connected, free calls and option to turn off notifications.
- Apps can be stored into the MicroSD cards which is handy for low end phones with low storage and memory.
- S/MIME to sign and encrypt email
- Access to corporate resources behind the firewall with app aware, auto-triggered VPN
- Enterprise Wi-Fi support with EAP-TLS
- Enhanced MDM policies to lock down functionality on the phone for more enterprise control, in addition to richer application management such as allowing or denying installation of certain apps
- Certificate management to enroll, update, and revoke certificates for user authentication