You might also like
- SMS Bomber : Send lot of message to one single number but at your own risk
- Match : Its an impressive and tough match making game on Windows Phone
- Nokia Starts rolling Portico Update Globally, Expect to complete by mid-March
- Pushpin Reminders is a Location Aware Reminder App like iOS5’s Reminder App
- Windows Phone : How to Transfer Songs / Videos over Bluetooth & NFC
Two factor authentication has been gaining popularity with Google, Apple, Dropbox and other services implementing them. Two factor authentication is always better and more secure than the conventional login. Microsoft has also been planning to implement it on their service. Microsoft has now released the Authenticator app for Windows Phone which generates security codes you can use to help keep your Microsoft account secure.
You can add your Microsoft account to the app by scanning a barcode or by manually entering a secret key. The app implements industry-standard security code generation and may also work with other services and providers.
As of now this is not yet implemented on any Microsoft services, but the release of the app now confirms that two factor authentication will be soon rolled out for Microsoft accounts.