You might also like
- (Updated) PDF Move : Email PDF File as attachment from Windows Phone Office Hub & Pin to Start
- Image Map Plus : Edit EXIF Data on Windows Phone
- Android Phones get Kinect Gestures before Windows Phone
- Bodoink : Get Ready to become the Human Pinball ( Xbox Kinect Game )
- Looks like Google is Scared of Windows Phone
If you ever run out of your Controller Battery, Like I am right now, you will now be able to use devices like Windows Phone, iPad and probably Android too. In an update that I see rolling out for My Xbox Live App for iPad, it clearly mentions :
Use your iPad with your Xbox to connect, control and discover on your console. Connect your iPad for access to quick list of your most recent console activity. Control your content with play, pause, fast forward & rewind media controls. Find fresh entertainment to play in the new discover section.
How do you connect iPad & Xbox ?
Since this is a companion app, it will connect the same way as Windows Phone was connected but if you have never tried this before, here are the steps :
- Turn on your Xbox and signin with your live id which you have used on your iPad.
- Next go to Settings menu of your Xbox 360 and enable the Xbox Companion Option under Settings > System > Console Settings.
- Launch the App and hit the menu bar ( dark think bar with three dots at the bottom)
- See if your Controller Icon is not active.
- If its not active yet, Switch to Quick Play and hit connect with Xbox. If your companion settings are correct, you will be able to use the app nicely.
- Any app which you launch using the companion app, will also launch the controller on your iPad.
You have a whats new section in the settings to find out what else you can do with the app.
The only buttons you get from the controller are the XY AB and navigation. In fact this does not even swipe built in to change screens (which sucks).
Remember this is not a replacement of your controller but only useful for surfing your Xbox, finding new information and is much preferred way over the controller or even using the Kinect, because you don’t just have buttons to hit for information to consume also.