You might also like
- List Of Games & Apps Announced For Xbox 360 At E3
- Calculator² : Ultimate Calculator app for Windows Phone
- Find the Best App and Games Deal on Windows Phone with myAppFree
- Nokia Creative Studio XAP leaked, Works on HTC, Samsung Windows Phone
- Review : Nokia Wireless Charging Plate – Do You Really Need it?
Back in October last year when Microsoft had announced Windows Phone 8, they had mentioned that the future devices would be powered by Nokia’s mapping solution instead of Bing. Microsoft and Nokia have confirmed that they are making the beta of Nokia Drive+, the company’s turn-by-turn navigation app, available for free to all Windows Phone 8 customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada.
Although the app is still in beta with enhancements happening, you can access full turn-by-turn voice-guided navigation, offline maps, speed limit warnings, and conveniences such as day and night modes.
Key features of this app;
- Full offline support for 89 countries across the world
- Turn-by-turn, voice guided navigation with spoken street names
- Local speed limit information with audible speed limit warnings
- 60+ different voice guidance packs available for FREE download
- Automatic Day/Night mode to provide you with optimum visibility
- Route settings such as avoiding toll roads, highways, and others
- 2D & 3D landmarks on map help you orient yourself during navigation
- Turns off GPS after the app is sent to background, except in guidance mode
- Get one-tap access to your current position and see the distance from your current position while exploring/panning the map
- Create, personalize and save your favorite places on your phone
- Advanced dashboard with your speed, distance covered, estimated time of arrival and the time left to your destination
- Pin your favorite destinations to the Start screen of your phone to create a Live Tile for one-tap access to directions and navigation