This app goes for all the history lovers moving around with their Windows Phone and missing an app which can help them fund what happened on any calendar date. Likely, the app is named as “On This Day” which brings in loads information set for you, mostly powered by Wikipedia.
- Highlights : This lists the most important things that took place sorted according to years.
- Holidays : So how many places are enjoying the holidays today ? Perfect screen which tells you the name of the holiday and its location.
- Events : Past events till last year is displayed here which includes Wars, Empire Falls etc right from 404 BC and even long back from that.
- Deaths & Births helps you find which famous personalities were making news.
Now the real fun using the app is not in just reading the details but how you can actually drill down for more information. When you tap and hold on any of the listings, it displays a context menu, which has information, broken down into relevant pieces which you can further explore.
So for example if you long press on a listing which is about a war, the context menu will break it into Year, Location, Persons etc included in the listing. Tap on any of them and brings in relevant info on that item.
Apart from this you can also Share the info using the Me Tile ( Info and link to Wikipedia page included ), Option to change date, Live Tile support.
The only thing missing in this application is way to save data so one can read it when he or she is free. So here are couple of options which can be included.
- Option to share data over Email.
- Include Read it Later Support.
- Pin any of the information as Live Tile.
- Boomark Section within the app to favorite some of the listings.
Also if search can be implemented within the app, users might like to search for a keyword which can relevant for a chosen date.
[minigallery id="4113" style="box border box_white"]