Qualcomm is all set to make mid-range phones faster, and better. Today the company has announced Snapdragon 636 which features Kryo 260 CPU running at 1.8GHz which it claims to be 40% faster than its predecessor mobile platform, the Snapdragon 630 series. The Adreno 509 GPU on the chip has also got a 10% boost in performance. Here are the highlights
- Support for FHD+ displays and Assertive Display which improves the display visibility depending on the lighting conditions.
- Extremely Power Efficient.
- Compatible with Snapdragon 630/660 Mobile Platforms.
- Features Qualcomm’s X12 LTE modem which supports download speeds of 600Mbps and 150Mbps upload speeds.
- Supports camera sensors of up to 24MP with zero shutter lag, smooth zoom, and fast AF.
- Supports Hi-Fi audio and can playback lossless audio file.
- Supports up to 8GB of RAM, Quick Charge 4.0, up to 4K video recording and playback.
In their announcement Qualcomm says:
“The introduction of the Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform allows OEMs to enjoy a smooth transition from the Snapdragon 660 and 630 Mobile Platforms while supporting the deployment of superior functionality and performance to end users,” said Kedar Kondap, vice president, product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “Manufacturers can use the same modem and camera architecture to enable fast and efficient testing and calibration, cutting down on significant resources or time normally required when developing products on brand new platforms.”
Snapdragon 636 will start shipping from November, more details here.