You might also like
The Phone dialer on Windows Phone, though satisfies many, is still dumb in the sense that you don’t have a true dialer functionality over there. So, to start with, if you want to search a name using the combination of numerical and alphabetic keyboard, it cannot be done with this.
We picked up this app, RapDialer, which combines the power of T9 Dialer, Speed Dialing, Quick SMS, Prefix Dialing etc in one place, making it a perfect dialer app. The best part is that its free as of now.
Number and Name Search
Unlike Windows Phone, Where you need to launch a different search, to find the name of the person, RapDialer Combines the numerical and alphabetic power in one place. Like those of T9 keyboard, you can type in name and number from the same place, and it searches as you type in real time. For any contact, you can search the following things :
- Phone Number
- Company Name
- Nick Name
- Use Space and Star for expanding your search
SMS Mode :
Using this mode you can select multiple person to Group Text or single person text. The real advantage is you get this mode with a right flick i.e. Works with even search results.
Skydrive Integration : Backup and Restore Favorite, Recent, Outgoing Calls, Prefix Dialing Configuration and Speed Dialing Configuration.
Prefix Dialing :
This is one thing, which I loved about Blackberry. Using Prefix dialer, you can set the country code which the dialer should use when calling any of your contact. So lets say if you are on a small trip outside your country and chances are that all your numbers are not stored with country code and hence this will be extremely handy.
Filter Contacts start with a prefix and any number. You can also hide certain numbers using the number range and excluded numbers feature of the dialer. You can always use wildcards when planning to hide contacts within a certain range. For Example, if your office numbers are all same but end with different digits, you can use this handy feature here.
Contact Context Menu : Long press a contact and you will get options to Message, Copy, Add to Favorites, Prefix Dial, Profile, Delete Item or Delete all.
Other Features :
- Your contact list is loaded in the app, to make the search faster. In case you feel the number has changed, you can set to refresh or set auto refresh on start up. This will lower the app performance.
- It can display countries for contacts in United States, Canada, UK, Australia, China Mainland and Taiwan.
- Speed Dialing : Configure whom to call on a long press of a number.
- Left Hand Style Support.
- You can view the contacts details as you see in the phones contact menu.
- Gesture Support
- “select” and “edit” button in Profile page. Now it’s convenient to share the whole profile page
- Option “Set numpad as default” in “Settings>Keyboard” for “System input methods”
- Sound effect to delete button.
- Auto Exit After Call ends.
Suggestion for the Developer
Since there are lot many options, adding preview or live examples when an option is changed is required even though an extensive helps is available. For example what happens when you choose prefix dialing or what happens when I set filter. Though its understandable, but for regular user, this will be really helpful.
[minigallery id="3558" style="box border box_white"]