Many a times you might have felt the need to remove an object or at least blur it before sharing it with anybody. It can be a personal reason, could be something objectionable or you want to keep privacy upfront.
So today, we are introducing our readers to a Windows Phone App, Smartest Eraser, which can help you remove objects from any of the picture taken by you, if you spend few minutes using the app. What really impresses about this app is the way it removes objects which makes it almost difficult to notice after the processing is complete.
How to use it ?
Once you have a picture selected, the app gives you two tools. One tool, Eraser, lets you mark objects which has to be removed. The second tool, Protect, lets you mark what you want to keep. I will explain where to use them. The app also gives you a magnifier which helps you mark areas on an accurate level, specially at corners. Once you are done with marking, hit the apply button and let the app do its magic.
How does it work ?
After removing a marked object, it tries to fill in the area with pattern around the object. So if you marked to remove a building, it will use the ground and the sky texture to fill in the area in such a way that it looks normal and as if there is no building.
Where it does not work ?
The app actually works very nicely if you have a lot of open area in the picture. If you understood the logic above, you know why it will fail when you have objects too close. Since on crowded place, it will have a difficult time recognizing a filling pattern, the result might not be really what you expected.
- Users will need to have a Undo / Redo option. As of now it completely removes every thing.
- Magnifier needs to switch places when the finger comes around it.
- It should be possible to save the current state of the work in progress.
- Skydrive Integration & Sharing via Me Tile of Windows Phone
- A way to display before and after view to help any user to understand what exactly changed.
- The result is displayed in Stretched and Cropped format. If Zoom is supported here, it will great.