You might also like
This goes to all those who had been looking for a Dictionary App for Windows Phone, which works without, consuming a lot of bandwidths or just want to have an app which work without internet connection.
SilverDict, which appeared on the XDA forum couple of days back, is pretty decent app, which lets you, search a word over several dictionaries. So for example, you want to check for a word in Britanica, Cambridge and Webster simultaneously, this app can just do that for you. As a matter of fact, you can check into 8 different dictionaries simultaneously without worrying much about switching, speed etc.
How it works ?
This app helps you find and install dictionaries from online resources and then install it in the app itself. Then you can choose which dictionaries to use and search in them. This means you can have a lot of them installed but only search in eight of them.
To search all you need is to type in the text box and you will get real time result on the particular dictionary. When you switch to next dictionary, the words or suggestions get displayed automatically. Tap any of them to get details on the word.
In case a word, you typed in, is not available in a dictionary, the tab is not visible at all. This makes sure you don’t confuse on that.
- Complete Offline Support.
- Install Dictionaries in different languages i.e. English to English, English to French and so on.
- You can download dictionaries from Babylon, Britanica and types like Heritage, Idioms.
- It can connect with Skydrive and Dropbox to download dictionaries if you have them there. It can be in StarDict format *.idx, *.ifo, *.dict.dz or *.dict, optional *.syn files or zipped format
- Dedicated Manager Page where you can view the files getting downloaded and select which dictionary should be used.
- You can even prioritize which should come after the other.
- Settings page allows you to decide on the Font Size, Image Size, Number of words to display with a live preview.
- You can also set to save last input which comes in extremely handy many a times.
- Live Tile Support with the last word searched on the back of the tile.
- Live tile to directly launch in particular dictionary.
[minigallery id="3719" style="box border box_white"]