You might also like
- Which Type of Tasks will not work on low end version of Windows Phone
- Video : Face Mask for Windows Phone is here
- Homebrew App to Change SMS / Email / Voicemail Alert tone on Windows Phone
- Patent2PDF: Patent Lovers Grab This on Windows Phone
- Switching to Windows Phone? Find equivalent Android and iOS Apps here
The famous SMS Backup App (Homebrew) has been updated and optimized to work with Windows Phone running Fully Unlocked Phones. If you are unaware of the app, then this app lets you restore all your SMS from previous phone to a new phone making it useful when you upgrade or switch phone. The App also comes with Skydrive integration to backup your SMS, about which you can read in detail and video from here.
What changed in this version (0.7 )
Simple version is that this version is much optimized and does not backups some of the recently deleted messages. Download and update the app. Now the difficult version.
Previously this app was using CommsBackup.xml which is dropped now, and it can access stor.vol directly. This mean for fully unlocked ROMs, it can read it directly while for interop-unlocked phone, a copy is made in the isolated storage, and then it is read.
Store.vol basically contains SMS and Contacts both while pimindex.vol contains contacts indexes. Also since commsbackup.xml is generated by windows phone at regular interval, which means it, might have old data, like deleted SMS.
The last updated included backing up contacts but that’s still tricky because Contacts are mapped in Windows Phone from different email account.
Apart from this there are couple of settings which I see :
- Fix Incorrect Time : This is useful when the messages appear in the wrong order. You will need to restart the application to see the changes taking effect.
- Option to set Max File Operation which is necessary if your have loads of SMS i.e. Stor.vol size is big. You will only realize when the backup fails.
- Option to Set Update Frequency, which is for windows phone, not completely unlocked.
- You can refresh manually to update SMS in the App.
Download from XDA thread, version 0.7