Though in this age of Internet I hardly send SMS to anybody specially with WhatsApp and other services in place but if you have taken up your booster pack of SMS which is unlimited, SMS Machine for Windows Phone is a perfect app for all you texting addicts. And Yes you can very well us it even as Email Template, Just Copy it when the message is ready to be sent!!
What is SMS Machine ?
SMS Machine is basically an SMS template creator tool where you can fill in data of your choice in already defined text e.g. If you want to send SMS saying “I am Busy in Meeting will call you in 1 Hr “, now if you can replace Meeting with Lunch and 1 Hr with 30 Minutes just before you send the SMS it will be just awesome. This is what SMS Machine does for you.
- You can have unlimited templates that can be saved into any number of categories.
- Templates Support Text, Number, Pick List, Date & Time, Count Down
- You can even Add your current location as one of the fields in the SMS. For these kind of templates, you location will be found first before you can edit anything else.
- Pin Templates to start screen so you can do it even faster
- While creating templates you can add a predefined number which can be selected from your existing phone book.
- Supports Icons for each template.
Where you can use it ?
Places where you often send short sms to get to know details like Bank Balance, Data Consumption, PNR Enquiry, Ticket Status, Flight Status, Recharge your phone where you can fill in text with code, Birthdays etc. And Texting Addicts can use it to store Jokes, LOL Cats SMS or even Love Quotes with valentine coming soon this will be handy.
How to create templates ?
Hit the Plus Button, Select Icon, Name, Category and Type whatever you want. It’s as easy as that but since you can add placeholders this is where you should be smart.
- Type (, then type in your template name which can be anything and then close with ).
- This will automatically add a new field in the template with same name.
- Next you need to choose type of this field from the list of templates which is right below the message box.
- All are simple except for Pickup List you need to use semi colons
- Also make sure you dont open and close the bracket and then type, this will create lot of templates for every alphabet you type. This is a bug which should be fixed. I had discovered this when editing a template.
- Add the brackets for creating templates is kind of pain if you have loads of them. There should be a dedicated button to just fill that in.
- Integration with Dropbox or Skydrive to save templates
- A desktop tool to create SMS and import it into App via Skydrive
- For location templates, instead of automatic update, let user fetch location based on a tap.
- Templates are pre defined with some data like numbers etc which had me confusing that if it accessed my contact book which was not the case. I think they should be dropped.
[minigallery id="2928" style="box border box_white"]
SMS Machine comes in three versions Free , Full and Pro. The last two costs 1.99 USD and Pro Version Includes GPS Function. Not sure why so many version exists kind of confusing so make sure you read details completely.