You might also like
- Code Alhpa Review, Windows Phone Game
- Now Live : Bushwood’s Radio Controlled Windows Phone Pandora App ( Video Review )
- Why Binary Domain is so different from any other Xbox Shooter Games
- 4 Alternatives to Google Maps on Windows Phone 8
- Set your Wallpaper along with Weather on Windows Phone Lock Screen
If you are always interested to track places you had been visiting, how long you had been staying etc, Here is a Windows Phone app, Track My Life, which just does it for you, without draining a bit of battery.
How it works ?
Windows Phone updates its current location every 15 minutes over WIFI or using GPS or when you use any location based app. This app picks up the same detail every 20 to 40 minutes by running a background service and saves it over database. Upon opening the app, an algorithm aggregates the data and creates/updates the pins. This makes sure your battery is not consumed much, and this is very smart thing to do, because you aren’t tracking yourself live.
Your traced location is displayed by using Pins, so every time you visit a new place, you get a new pin and the pin gets bigger when you visit the same place often. Now since every pin has a radius of 3km (due to the accuracy of GPS in the background) and you have to stay at a place for at least three hours in order to get a new pin.
Other Features :
- It is possible to add a new pin manually if you find any of the location you visited was missed, which can be because of any technical issue or because your phone was turned off.
- You can also merge or delete the pins.
- You can share on Facebook.
What’s coming next ?
Future versions of Track my Life will feature Gamification. You will be awarded badges e.g. “You were the first person in Kolkata”, “You have been the first person traveling 10000 miles in India this month” and so on. There will be more detailed statistics and import/export functionality as well.