Update : Seems like the app was available since long, and the actual extension is still in works which is available only as side load. However the rumour mill has gotten strong, and we are hearing the official extension will be available soon.
Popular Chrome extension, Turn Off the Lights, is now available for Windows 10 PC and Mobile through the Windows Store. This extension helps you to get theatre like experience, by dimming the computers white background, and only focusing on the internet radio.
The reason I said its not available as extension is because it has its own app which uses Edge Browser engine to deliver the experience. The app comes with complete settings and features you an customise. It is a little turn down actually as it would have made more sense to be available as “Extension”, rather than an app. The app is also available for Microsoft HUB.
If you are wondering if you read about it before, then you are right. The extension first appeared in Github, and was available for Edge Browser but only by side loading.
List of Features:
- Turn the lights back on, by clicking on the black layer
- Supports multiple video sites: YouTube™, HTML5 video, and more
- Customize your YouTube™: Auto HD: Set videos to play in HD automatically.
- Users can select from highres 8K > 5K> 4K > 1080p > 720p > 480p > 360p > 240p > 144p > default Auto Wide
- Automatically plays the videos on the widest mode, and more
- Easter Eggs: Shortcut key: T -> Do you like a real movie theater feeling.
- Option to make the screen dark when the user clicks on the play button.
- Option to turn on/off the fade in and fade out effects + Custom colors + Option for
- Flash Detection
- Option to Show Dimness Level Bar
- Option for Eye Protection for when it’s night, with whitelist/blacklist filter.
- Option for atmosphere lighting that shows a glow around the video player.
- Option to show the dark layer on the top of the window.
- Option for shortcut keys:
- Ctrl + Shift + L to toggle the lights
- Alt + F8 to restore the default opacity value
- Alt + F9 to save the current opacity value
- Alt + F10 to enable/disable the Eye Protection feature Alt + (arrow up) to increase the opacity.
- Alt + (arrow down) to decrease the opacity
- Alt + * to toggle the lights on all open tabs
- Option for Camera Motion.
- Option for Speech Recognition.
- Option for Mouse Wheel Volume Control for each HTML5 video player.
- Option to add a filter to the current HTML5 video player (grayscale, sepia, invert, contrast, saturate, hue rotation and brightness).
- Option to show the Audio Visualization effect on top of the current HTML5 video (Blocks, Frequency and Music Tunnel).
- Option to loop the current HTML5 video player.
- Option to place the Night Mode switch to toggle YouTube™ in black or white theme, with whitelist/blacklist filter
- Time stamp: Activate the Night Mode within the chosen time.
- Blackout: Dims the web page and activates the Night Mode
- Option to stop YouTube™ and HTML5 videos from automatically playing.
Download the app by following the link below, and let us know how was your experience using this as an app.
[appbox windowsstore 9nblggh52lrr]