Nearly after 10 months of waiting, UC Browser finally launches their Windows 10 app. The news came in June 2016 that UC Browser is working on a Windows 10 app, however it took them quite some time to bring the app in to the Store. Rumors suggested that UC will be launching Universal Windows 10 app that will be available to download and use on Windows 10 PCs, Mobiles, and Tablets, but unfortunately the new app is only available for PCs.
The UI of the app is somewhat similar to that of Microsoft Edge, which makes it pretty light. The browser includes all the basic features plus the additional features which are mostly exclusive to UC Browsers. It has tablet mode, which is a really good addition. The browser supports mouse gestures,cloud sync, password manager etc. It also has smart address bar which lets you type one letter to get most relevant suggestion. You can also use it to find matching bookmarks and browsing history, or enter any words to launch search engine.
The UC Browser that received massive recognition across the world is now dedicated to bring great browsing experience to Universal Windows Platforms. Designed for both tablet and traditional mouse/keyboard interface, equipped with Cloud Sync, Voice Search, Tile-view Bookmarks, Password Manager, we try to make using browser on a Windows 10 device as a breeze.
- Minimalist UI: Focus on the content.
- Switch Between Tablet and Mouse/Keyboard Mode: If you are using a 2-in-1 computer like Surface Pro or Surface Book, it’s easy to switch the layout by turning on/off Tablet Mode.
- Mouse Gesture: Right-click and move to go back, forward, reload page, etc.
- Smart Address Bar(Omnibar): Just type one letter to get most relevant suggestion. You can also use it to find matching bookmarks and browsing history, or enter any words to launch search engine.
- Tile-view Bookmarks: Colorful and touch-friendly design for bookmarks.
- InPrivate Window: Don’t want to leave browsing trace on the device? Go for InPrivate Window.
- Cloud Sync: Sync bookmarks between mobile/other PCs by logging in to UC browser.
- New Tab: Metro-style Magnet for popular sites.
- Password Manager: Store your login info of all kinds of websites and lock them with a PIN. Easy to retrieve and edit.
- Voice Search: Tap the microphone icon and say the words. We will take care of the rest.
- Tab Stack: Smart tab-stacking to locate the active tab in a glance when there are many tabs open.
- Floating Navigator: Use the sphere to quickly search, go forward and back, and view all the tabs.
The app is now available for Windows 10 PCs, and can be downloaded from the Store below.