WhatsApp is now rolling out live location sharing for its immensely popular messaging app. This feature will help your friends, and family knows how far you are from them, and won’t bother with calls, and messages. This service is secured the same way as messages with end-to-end encryption.
How does it work?
- Open a chat with the person or group you want to share with.
- Under “Location” in the attach button, there’s a new option to “Share Live Location.”
- Choose for how long you want to share and tap send.
- Each person in the chat will be able to see your real-time location on a map.
- If more than one person shares their Live Location in the group, all locations will be visible on the same map.
- You will have an option to stop broadcasting your live location in case you have some reason to end it right away.
That said, the feature is slowly rolling out for apps on Android and iOS, and it might take few weeks to show up on your device. What do you think about this feature? Will you be using it or you think its bit too much? For me, its going to be super useful when I plan to meet my friends and family.