Windows 10 PC
Bash and Command Prompt Improvements:
In case you were unable to download, and install apps in Bash, and had problems accessing internet, this is fixed now. Also an issue when calling mv between the /mnt and non-/mnt drives – files and directories will now move correctly between the two points, is fixed.
For Command Prompt :
- Improved windows scaling on PCs with High-DPI displays.
- Better font selection and rendering for international characters.
- Several cursor rendering and hiding improvements.
- Improved background color painting.
- Improved scrolling for nano & EMACS editors.
Cortana can now search Office 365:
On your PC, Cortana can now search your content in Office 365 including your emails, contacts, calendar as well as files in OneDrive for Business and SharePoint. To get started, just add your Office 365 work or school account in the Connected Accounts section of Cortana’s Notebook. When you search, choose the appropriate filter (email, contacts, calendar, or documents) at the top to see relevant Office 365 search results.
Improved Battery Life for Connected Standby PC’s:
Developers have integrated the same underlying technology that Battery Saver uses to quiet down some of the less-valuable activity that occurs during Connected Standby while still keeping your PC connected to the Internet and allowing key connectivity scenarios to work. As a result, if you’re using a Surface or other Connected Standby PC, many of you will notice improved and more consistent standby battery life.
Windows 10 Mobile
- Improvements to the share UI for Cortana Reminders. The experience is much more polished now.
- Fixed an issue where a press and hold on the Camera Quick Action in Action Center wouldn’t do anything. Now it will launch the Camera app.
- Fixed an issue resulting in the Lumia 435, 532, 535 and 540 being unable to take photos with the Camera app.
- Fixed an issue where typed text would be invisible in Cortana when the OS was set to light mode under Settings > Personalization > Colors.
- Fixed an issue with the Italian keyboard where certain words would get auto-capitalized after a comma (acting as it would if it was a period instead).
- Improved the performance of opening Settings > Update & security > For developers.
- Fixed an issue where Cyrillic characters would be lowercase in list headers (for example, in the All apps list).
- Fixed an issue where pulling your headphones out to answer a call would result in the music playing out loud once the call had ended.
- For phones that support adjusting the brightness automatically, this setting will now be enabled by default after a restore or hard reset.
- Set the time for how long it should be for Windows to require you to sign in again via Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options with Windows Hello set up.
- Fixed an issue that blocked you from renaming your device.
- Fixed an issue where the Lock screen quick status numbers might appear drawn under the navigation bar.