You might also like
- Nokia Event on May 9th in India, We will be Covering it Live
- Listen Bollywood Music on Windows Phone
- Find How a Windows Phone App Ranks in a country : App Rank
- More updates after Windows Phone 7.8 refresh, Supported for 18 Months
- WP News Roundup Of The Week – Omnia M Released In India, Counters App Available For Lumia Users, Pink Lumia 900 And More!
With MWC fast approaching, rumors about Windows Phone Tango are floating around on the Internet like crazy. The folks over at PocketNow did manage to get their hands on a very huge leak about Windows Phone Apollo and its new features. Now, the folks over at WMPoweruser ( Via WPDANG ) have been tipped by an anonymous tipster about Tango.
While it is known that Tango is primarily meant for developing countries, it looks like Microsoft will only be focusing on the Chinese market with Tango. Recently some screenshot of Tangos were leaked but we think some are fake.
According to the tipster, the Tango update will remove Xbox Live feature from Tango for the Chinese market. Considering people in China hardly buy or use the Xbox 360, this is definitely a wise decision from the Redmond based company. The strong Twitter and Facebook integration will also be replaced by popular alternatives in China, WeiBo and RenRen. The in-built Bing search engine will also be replaced with Baidu, the most popular search engine in China.
From all the rumors and leaks, it is clear that Tango is not a major update for Windows Phone. The update is instead meant to bring WP to lower-end handsets, and to make it popular in the Chinese markets so as to drive the sales of the handsets up.