Sending a message to multiple friends is something you should be doing often either to set up a game party or when online and you want to join in an existing party, but you need an invite. Now we all know that it’s a big time pain if you need to send the same message to all your friends , worst part, you are using controller for that.
Pro Tip for Novice Gamers :
- You can connect any USB keyboard with your XBOX and its much faster than using controller. Though there is a keyboard accessory that comes for Xbox which is not only portable, but also designed for Xbox usage, however, sending message using any regular keyboard is just equally awesome.!!
- It is best to use a portable device like iPad or iPhone or Android or Windows Phone to send message as it is easy to type in there.
Back to topic, The real question of the day is to send SMS to multiple users and here is what you can do.
Using Xbox :
- Select one of your friends to whom you want to send a message and then choose “Send Message” option. You can also reach this from Xbox Guide.
- Then select Change Gamertags and add more recipients by checking on the check box next to the gamertag of the friend.
- Once done, select B and you will see list of friends added in the message template.
The only drawback is there is no way to select all recipients or even search any by gamertag.
Using Mobile Apps for Xbox :
Microsoft has Xbox Live App for almost all the platforms which includes iPhone / iPad and Android and Windows Phone. While Windows Phone is still waiting for an update, rest of them support sending message where you can select multiple recipients and send them the same message.
So how do you send a message to your Xbox friends ? Do you use a Mobile or the web interface or use a keyboard ? Do share with us in comments.