Xbox One is getting an important update which will improve download speed by a great margin, but only if you are on high-speed connections for apps, and games. This is a much needed update, as digital downloads are becoming more common among those who have high speed broadband at their home.
Here is the complete changelog:
You will need to go to Settings > Systems > Console Info and Updates to check for the update, and chances are bright that will be promoted for the update once its available. I really wish Microsoft can one day make firmware update downloading much easier instead of forcing one to go offline.
- Customers with high-speed connections (greater than 100Mbps) should experience up to 80% faster download speeds.
- Customers with connections less than 100Mbps should experience more consistent performance that is up to 40% faster than before.
- Additional optimizations have also made background downloads more resilient to intermittent connectivity issues.
Download speeds will be influenced by network contention within the home and at the ISP level. Download speeds will also be impacted when games are running on the console as system resources are prioritized for gameplay over background downloads. For more information, visit Troubleshoot slow game or app downloads on Xbox One.
- Firmware update to improve performance. Follow the steps here to update.
- General performance improvements for added reliability and consistent experiences across steaming music apps.
- General stability and performance improvements.