While Microsoft Surface has always targeted MacBook Pro for their performance, and different form factor, Xiaomi’s recently launched updated version of Mi Notebook Air definitely delivers a quality which can compete with MacBook Pro and Air for its design, and offerings.
Priced at $840, the device is comparatively thinner, and lighter than MacBook Air. You read it right. Powered by recently update variation of Kaby Lake Chipsets, Mi Notebook Pro is built using magnesium alloy and features a 15.6-inch FULL HD display. The bezels are pretty narrow and come with Gorilla Glass 3 coating.
Here is the detailed specification:
- Powered by 8th generation Core i5 8250U. It’s clocked at 3.40GHz. You can choose a second variant which houses Core i7 8550U clocked at 4.0GHz.
- A dedicated graphics card i.e. NVIDIA GeForce MX150. It has 2 GB of video memory.
- Option to choose between 8GB or 16GB (dual-channel DDR4 RAM)
- Storage a 256GB SSD. This can be expanded with NVMe SSD slot.
- Brightness is maxed to 300 nits with 170-degree viewing angles.
If you’re looking to extend the storage, there is a slot for a NVMe SSD. Other details include 2×2 Wi-Fi ac, 1MP webcam, two Harman Infinity speakers, and a 60Wh battery that has a touted battery life of just over nine hours. Xiaomi also designed a custom cooling solution that results in 40% better heat dissipation.
When it comes to dimensions its 360.7 x 243.6mm x 15.9mm, and weighs around 1.95kgs. It also includes an SD card slot, along with two USB 3.0 along with two USB-C ports, and HDMI out. It also includes a backlit keyboard which the eel of a mechanical keyboard. Mi Notebook Pro supports Windows Hello and is powered by Windows 10.
- Mi Notebook Pro variant with the Core i5 and 8GB of RAM is priced at $840
- Mi Notebook Pro Core i7 and 8GB of RAM will cost $940
- Mi Notebook Pro Core i7 and 16GB of RAM will cost $1,030