The best email client for Windows is essential if you have multiple email addresses and receive many emails each day. When choosing the best email clients for Windows, you should first decide whether you’re willing to spend any money on it or not. Paid desktop email clients are often more polished and come with professional support.
What Is An Email Client?
An email client is a software app used to access and manage a user’s Email. Most email clients support multiple email services, including Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, and self-hosted business email systems.
Some email clients come only with the essential features, while others support encryption, out-of-office responses, contact management, image blocking, phishing filtering, etc.
Ten est Windows Email Clients for Windows
Based on user reviews and the desire to include something for everyone, we present the 10 top email clients for Windows:
- Microsoft Outlook
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- EM Client
Let’s know more about these popular Windows Email clients.
Mailbird is an email client for the Windows OS, having a simple design and focusing on speed and usability. You can use Mailbird for free, but it’s necessary to purchase a license to enjoy all of its features.
- There are many shortcuts to compose, reply, and send emails.
- Mailbird lets you integrate with Dropbox, Facebook, Whatsapp, Google Calendar, etc.
- This app will enable you to customize your layout and notification sounds.
- It helps you to connect with LinkedIn from your inbox.
- It provides multiple-language support.
- It performs great even with many inboxes.
- It integrates with third-party apps.
- Easy to use.
- It doesn’t support CardDAV or CalDAV
2] Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Outlook is probably the best email client in the world. It’s available as part of the Microsoft Office suite, and it can be used as a stand-alone application or with multiple users in an organization.
Using Microsoft Outlook, you can go beyond the basic email tasks and manage your calendar, schedule meetings with colleagues, share meeting times, and get reminders. It provides easy collaboration with other office apps like Ms- Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- It helps you to stay organized and plan.
- It protects your confidential information.
- Encrypt your data in your mailbox once the Email has been sent.
- You can manage multiple calendars from one view.
- It integrates flawlessly with Microsoft products.
- Automatic deactivation of unsafe links.
3] Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform email client in 59 languages. It supports themes and extensions, so you can make it your own, and it includes a newsgroup, news feed, and chat client (XMPP, IRC, Twitter) to help you manage all your communications needs from a single place.
- You can add people to your address book.
- It gives reminders for attachments before sending an email.
- Instead of attaching the attachment, share a link to large files in your email box.
- It protects sensitive information like credit card details, passwords, etc.
- Multiple email accounts can be managed by combining inbox, archive, or sent folder.
- Support for news feeds and chat
- Stagnating development
- Feels dated
4] eM Client
EM Client is one the best email clients for Windows with an easy-to-use interface. eM Client is available for Microsoft Windows and macOS. Its target audience is individual users and businesses that use an email client with calendars, tasks, contacts, and chat. This application helps you manage Email, calendar, contacts, and tasks. It supports PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) encryption.
- Take a backup of your Email.
- It supports the auto-reply of Email.
- Auto download of contacts from the internet
- Add tables and resize any cell easily.
- It allows you to change image size, rotates, and flip.
- Exchange functionality
- Dark theme available
- Support for email filters
- It consumes a lot of memory
- Feels unpolished
- Prone to random disconnects
Rambox isn’t a traditional email client. Instead, it’s a productivity suite whose purpose is to help its users organize their workspace by managing multiple applications from a single place. Rambox supports over 600 applications, including significant email clients, instant messaging and social apps, calendar and scheduling, and project management tools.
- It lets you choose the time you want to receive and prevent notifications so you can work undisturbed.
- Using Rambox, you can add all your applications and organize them in groups.
- A unique way to organize your workspace.
- Easy to use
- It doesn’t offer a unified inbox
- It isn’t suitable for heavy email users
Mailspring is a cross-platform email client that respects modern usability principles and doesn’t make simple tasks unnecessarily complicated. Mailspring is an open-source email app for Mac, Windows, and Linux and supports IMAP and Office 365.
Using the Pro version of the application, you can access extra features, such as contacts, company profiles, link tracking, read receipts, and quick reply templates.
- You can get email read receipts.
- It is localized into nine languages.
- It provides support for touch and gesture.
- You can add your signature to the Email.
- It helps to translate an English message in numerous available options of languages.
- Beautifully designed
- Touch and gesture support
- Unified inbox
- Requires a Mailspring account
- Stability issues
- Poor performance optimization
Polymail, an email program, provides detailed information about who and when has read your emails. You can create and share custom email templates with your team. This tool helps you integrate with other messaging tools like Slack and Salesforce.
- Set follow-up email reminders.
- Provides click and download tracking.
- Schedule emails to send later.
- It provides a detailed team activity report.
- Clean your inbox by unsubscribing from newsletters.
- Fantastic functionality.
- Has “Read Later” scheduling
- Buggy at times
8] Claws Mail
It’s an easy to use highly configurable free email client which can run on Windows and Unix-like systems like BSD, Linux, and Solaris. It is an email program for Windows that stores mail in the MH mailbox format.
The best thing about Claws Mail is that you can download it and use it for free. You can customize its code if you want to.
- It protects the shared or sensitive content by using GPG, SSL, and anti-phishing encryptions.
- Provides features like X-Face support, foldable quotes, pre-folder preferences, and various extensions that enhance the look and feel of the program.
- Search and filter, importing files from various external formats.
- An external editor armed with an extensive range of readymade templates.
- Easy configuration
- Robustness, stability
- Feels outdated
Postbox allows you to add dynamic data fields and templates to your responses. You can reuse HTML snippets in message replies. Postbox app offers more than 25 design signature templates.
- It allows you to add dynamic data fields to templates and emails.
- It will enable you to forward email content to other apps and services.
- You can add image effects like rotating, flip, shadow, and frames.
- It helps you to resize any image.
- Uncluttered interface
- Robust tools for composing a rich email for professionals and home users
- Prefab HTML components for designing messages and layouts
- Annual subscription too high for long-term home users
The Hiri is an email client that was designed for business users. However, its features will appeal to home users as well. You can see how many messages are still unread and how long you should wait before checking them.
- Remove unnecessary clutter from your inbox.
- Your Office 365 and Exchange calendar
- Access your company’s contact directory.
- Offline mode.
- Shared calendars
- Global address list
- Great calendar and scheduling
- Smart productivity tools
- For Windows only
- Competitive pricing
- It only supports Microsoft-based Email.
- No mobile apps.
- Requires using a new interface.
- Scheduling and reminders need improvement.
How To Choose The Best Email Program?
Here are some essential features which can be included in any best email clients:
- Access calendars and plans events.
- Using it, you can send unlimited messages.
- Must comply with the protocols POP3, IMAP, etc.
- It allows you to manage multiple mail accounts by combining inbox, archive and sent folder.
- Allow features like undo send, restore Email, and scheduled delivery.
Does Windows Have A Default Email Program?
Yes, Windows comes with its default email program called Mail App. You can, however, change the default email program at any time.
It can be challenging to keep up with all your incoming Emails. However, it is possible with the best Windows email client. The best email clients simplify complicated tasks and maintain an inbox zero. Clean Email is an excellent alternative to Windows. It allows you to quickly manage thousands of emails and organize them with just a few clicks.