Windows 10 Mixed Reality headsets where launched in the US in October this year, and while it includes headsets from OEMs like Asus, Dell, Lenovo, and others, Acer has become 1st OEM to launch Windows Mixed Reality Headset in India.
Features of Acer’s Windows Mixed Reality Headset
- 6 Degrees of Freedom (6DoF) positional tracking and 13-foot cable provide a wide range of movement.
- Immersive Visual experience with ultra-high resolution display of up to 1440×1440 per eye.
- Two front-hinged 2.89-inch high-resolution liquid crystal displays provide a wide 95-degree field of view at 2880 x 1440 resolution with a refresh rate of up to 90Hz.
- The ergonomically designed ultra-light headset is comfortable to the core.
- The headset comes with a 13-foot cable allowing a wide range movement and connects to a PC via HDMI 2.0, while a USB 3.0 connector downloads data.
- Works right out of the box with Windows Mixed Reality-ready PCs – no need to set up extraneous hardware. However, make sure to check with the minimum hardware requirement using this official tool.
- You can set up the VR headset for just sitting mode or set it for a small area.
This was announced by Acer in Bengaluru at the Grand Finale event of its Predator league. Commenting on the launch, Mr. Chandrahas Panigrahi, CMO, and Consumer Business Head said
“We are extremely thrilled to launch India’s 1st mixed reality headset in collaboration with Microsoft. By introducing the mixed reality headset, we aim to bring best of our innovations to Indian customers. The Acer Windows Mixed Reality headset offers a plethora of exciting and engaging content that is continually evolving. It’s ergonomic design, vibrant display and motion controllers makes it the revolutionary device for those who embrace virtual reality and look for the best in technology.
There are no details about the price of the device yet.