uBlock Origin is a fast, efficient, and lightweight blocker that is know to consume less resource unlike many other ad blockers. This open source adblocker is officially available on Chrome and Firefox, and now has been ported to Microsoft Edge.
That said, its not an official port, but since uBlock is open source, Nik Rolls, has forked it, and hosted the project at GitHub. You can download and start using it with the latest Insiders version of Windows 10, but it still doesn’t support all the features. Below is the list of issues that still need a fix:
- Third-party list updates (you’re stuck with the version of the rules that are bundled in the extension)
- Downloads (Edge doesn’t allow downloads from extensions, or at least I’ve yet to find out how)
- Cloud settings (Edge doesn’t support extension cloud sync yet)
One big problem using the extension that since it needs to be side loaded, it will be disabled every time you exist the browser. So how you install it? Follow the steps below:
- Download the source page, and then extract it to a folder. file listed at the
- Next open Edge browser. IN the address bar type in about:flasg and hit enter. This will enable developer feature of the Edge Extension.
- Now open the Extensions menu on the browser, and then clock on the “Load Extension” button and navigate to the zip file you downloaded.
- Once done, you will be prompted to enable it.