Adguard is a popular ad-blocking tool, and it’s available for Microsoft Edge thanks to the Edge Extension. It’s not as comprehensive as the Adblock Plus browser extension regarding blocking ads. Still, it does a decent job of blocking up to 99% of advertisements, including popups, banners, video ads, etc. Adguard for Microsoft Edge is compatible with the Windows 10 S and Windows 10 Home, Pro, or Enterprise editions.
This extension claims to block all advertising types on any web page, including Facebook and YouTube. It kind of hurts because the Internet can not survive with the advertisements, but then here it is.
Features of AdGuard
- Blocks all ads including: –
- Video ads (including YouTube video ads)
- Rich media advertising like video ads, interstitial ads, and floating ads
- Unwanted pop-ups
- Banners and text ads (including Facebook advertisements)
- Speeds up page loading and saves bandwidth, thanks to the missing ads and pop up windows
- Blocks many spyware, adware, and dialer installers (optional)
- Protects your privacy by blocking common third-party tracking systems (optional)
- Protects you from malware and phishing (optional)
Once installed from the store, it will appear on your Edge right away. All you need to do is go and enable it. The best part of getting them from the store is you don’t have to worry about updating them at all.
Adguard AdBlocker is a security application that protects Microsoft Edge from ads, trackers, malware, and other unwanted content, out of the box. Because all data goes through an intelligent Neural Network filter, you don’t need to configure anything. AdGuard Adblocker also includes Anti-Adblock detection, a built-in Popup Blocker, and a powerful system to block ads in Microsoft Edge.