Samsung and HP have announced their Windows 10 Tablets already, and the next in the race is Alcatel. The company has launched an LTE enabled detachable Windows 10 Tablet–PLUS12. It’s a Windows 10 powered tablet which comes with FULL HD screen and looking at the details, it’s aiming towards professionals. Interesting bit about this tablet is that both Keyboard, and battery houses battery which gives you assurance to get all your work done.
Note that Alcatel had a similar model up, the Plus 10, but Plus 12 is a better version.
Looks like OEMs are building more devices for professionals than for consumers. Below are the Alcatel PLUS 12 specifications:
- 11.6 inch Full HD screen
- Hard shell keyboard which can be used as normal, and as in presentation mode.
- Dimensions: 284 x 175 x 7.9mm 287.5 (Screen) 186 x 2.8 x 6.9mm (keyboard)
- Intel Celeron n3350 with 4GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 6900 mAh for the tablet, 2580 mAh for the keyboard
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, LTE, Keyboard, Micro-HDMI
- Dual loudspeakers & digital microphone.
- Front Facing Camera: 5Mpx
- Internal memory: 64GB expandable with SD card
- Chipset: Intel Celeron Processor N3350 (Tablet) Qualcomm MDM9207 (keyboard)
- Weight: 599 g
- Supports Fingerprint and Windows Hello.
- N-Trig-powered pen compatible with Windows Ink.
What Alcatel did differently here is putting a battery, and an LTE radio inside the keyboard so it can serve as a hotspot. It will be sold for Euro 499