Amazon launched Amazon Music through its EchoDot devices in India, and not the app is available for India as well which lets Amazon Prime subscribers enjoy add free music right on their phone.
- Download Music for Offline listening. You can choose to save it to microSD card or internal storage. However, you can play it with a standalone music player.
- Comes with Alexa integration i.e. you can use voice to play songs, but you will have to manually invoke it.
- It supports 11 Indian languages which includes Hindi, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Bengali, Bhojpuri, Gujarti and Rajasthani.
- Choose to stream from wifi or mobile data or both of them.
- Option to select Streaming quality.
- Sleep timer to turn off music after some time.
Just like any other music streaming service, Amazon Music offers Playlist, Stations, and Mood-based music. The app is available for Android, iOS, and Web.
One thing that Amazon missed here is EchoDot integration. It would be been great if I could select a music on my phone, and play it on my EchoDot device. Neither you can see a list of songs you played on the app or your playlist on the Alexa App. Many a time, you don’t feel like calling out Alexa, and Amazon Music App would have been an amazing companion app to get this done.
Amazon has made their Prime subscription totally worth its value. You get Prime on Amazon Shopping, Amazon Videos and now you have Amazon Prime Music.