Do you use Microsoft Teams on your devices? Does your company use Microsoft Teams to arrange meetings or video conferences? If you or your company is using it, there are various Microsoft Teams tips that few people are aware of. In this post, we have tried to bring some best Microsoft Teams tips and tricks that will help you to get the most out of this powerful organization team app.
Best Microsoft Teams Tips & Tricks You Should Know
Here is the list of best Microsoft Teams tips and tricks that will be covered in this article:
- Change Calendar Invites Notification in Microsoft Teams
- Share Icon Not Available in Teams
- Invite External Parties to Teams Meeting
- Join Microsoft Teams Meeting with Account
- Invite Whole Team to Teams Meeting
- Disable Camera in Microsoft Teams
- Get the List of Meeting Participants in Teams
- How to Call in Microsoft Teams Meeting?
- How to Find a Recording on Microsoft Teams?
- Generate Hyperlink for a Microsoft Team Meeting
- Make Participant a Presenter During Meeting in Teams
Make sure to go through each of them and figure out when to use them.
1. Change Calendar Invites Notification in Microsoft Teams
As Microsoft Teams doesn’t support it yet, you need to go to Outlook app on your phone or desktop.
- Open the Outlook App.
- Select the appointment/meeting that you want to change.
- Change the reminder that you want to set.
2. Share Icon Not Available in Teams
There is no option of sharing screen available on the Microsoft web app. Apart from this, if you are using the desktop version of Microsoft Teams, get in touch with the admin. They can only enable or disable the screen sharing function for team members in Microsoft Teams.
3. Invite External Parties to Teams Meeting
Yes, you can use Microsoft Teams to arrange meetings with the people who are not in your company. Not only that, they can still join you in a meeting even if they don’t have a Teams account or app installed. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Open the Teams app and click on the Calendar icon on the left pane.
- Choose New Meeting from the extreme top-right corner on the right pane.
- Type full email address in Attendees box and press Enter.
- Step 4: Fill out all the remaining details and click on Send.
And that’s how you can send invites to external users to join the meeting in Microsoft Teams even if they don’t have an account.
4. Join Microsoft Teams Meeting with Account
Want to join Teams meeting without an account? Yes, you can join as a guest from any device, even if you don’t have a Microsoft Teams account or a Microsoft Account. Follow these steps to join as a guest in Teams meetings.
- Open the meeting invite and click on the Join Microsoft Teams Meeting option.
- Two options will welcome you: Download the Teams app or Join on the Web instead.
- If you don’t want to download the app, click on Join on the Web option. You can join meetings using Microsoft Edge or Chrome browser.
- Allow access to your Mic and Camera if asked so that you can be seen and heard in the meeting.
- Enter your name select audio and video settings of your choice. Click on Join Now to enter the meeting.
If you face any Sign-in issues when using Microsoft Teams, read our linked guide.
5. Invite Whole Team to Teams Meeting
Want to send an invite to all team members for the upcoming meeting? You did send, but members are not getting the invite. It is because Team members don’t get invites by default.
You can enable it by following the steps below:
- Open Teams app followed the General channel. Click on Posts and click the Meatball icon (three horizontal dots).
- A drop-down menu will appear—select the Open in SharePoint option.
- Next, you need to choose the Conversations option on the left pane.
- Now, click on the Meatball icon and select Settings from the drop-down.
- On the Settings page, choose the Edit Group button at the bottom.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
- Tickmark the “Members will receive all group notifications and events in their inboxes” option.
- Click on the Save button to apply the changes.
You don’t have to invite every team member to the meeting. All the team members will get the invite automatically once you create a new meeting in the Teams app.
6. Disable Camera in Microsoft Teams
Do you want to disable the camera in Microsoft Teams before or after joining the meeting? Unable to find the option? Here’s the guide that will help you to disable the camera in Microsoft Teams:
Before joining the meeting
You can disable the camera even before joining the meeting on Teams. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Join button to join the meeting.
- The next screen will allow you to choose your video and audio settings. Toggle off the Camera icon at the bottom.
- Click on Join Now to join the meeting without showing the video.
In Middle of the Meeting
You can turn off the camera any time in the middle of the meeting. To do so, click on the camera button to turn off the video during an ongoing meeting. That’s it; your video will be disabled while you are in the meeting on Teams.
7. Get the List of Meeting Participants in Teams
For getting the list of meeting participants, you get two options. First, download the report during the meeting to see who is present. Second, download the final attendance report after the meeting is over.
Follow the steps below that will help you download the attendee report on Microsoft Teams:
During the Meeting:
- Open Meeting Controls
- Select Show Participants.
- Click on the Download icon (down arrow button) next to People.
It will download the attendee list, including the name and when they joined and left in the meeting.
After the Meeting:
- Click on the Calendar icon.
- Open the meeting and choose the Attendee tab from the top menu. It will show you all the data related to participants in the meetings.
- For the older meetings, you can click on Attendance Report and select the report you want to view.
Alternatively, you can wait for 5 minutes. Open meeting chat, and you will see the Attendance Report tile. Click on it to download the file in CSV format.
8. How to Call in Microsoft Teams Meeting?
Want to call in Teams meeting? Well, the process is pretty simple. Just follow the steps below:
- Open the Teams app click on the Calendar icon on the left pane.
- Select the Meeting on the right-hand side of the Calendar. It will bring up the Meeting Details.
- Scroll down to the bottom and find the dial-in number and the Conference ID.
- Dial the phone number that you see in the meeting details.
If any chance, you are not a member of Teams but received an invite to join the meeting. Use the phone number at the same place to dial into the conference.
9. How to Find a Recording on Microsoft Teams?
If you want to find the recording in Microsoft Teams, either be the meeting organizer or start the recording.
If you are using Microsoft Stream to save recordings, you need to follow the steps below:
- Open Teams and go to Chats from the left pane. Click on the meeting from where you want to see the recording.
- Click on Meeting Recording in that chat history and choose More Options.
- Now, select Microsoft Stream. Click on the More Options button.
- Here, you can check and download meeting recordings. You can also share the recording or add it to the chat window.
10. Generate Hyperlink for a Microsoft Team Meeting
Yes, you can generate a hyperlink for a Teams meeting to share with other attendees. There are two ways to generate a link. Check these ways below:
Method 1: Get Link through Meet Now Function
To get a link to share, you need to follow the below steps:
- Click on the Calendar icon from the left pane of the Teams app.
- On the right pane, select the Meet Now button. A drop-down will appear. Click on Get a Link to the Share button.
- Once you click on the button, you can copy the link or share it via email.
Method 2: Get Invite Link Using a Scheduled Meeting
Do you want to share an invite link for the already scheduled meeting? Well, that’s easy too. Follow the steps below:
- Open Teams app. Click on the Calendar icon on the left pane and New Meeting on the right-hand side.
- Enter all details. Make sure to add at least one attendee for this guide to work. Once you are done, click on the Send button.
- Open Calendar once again. Click on the Meeting to open Meeting Details.
- Step 4: Scroll down to the bottom of the Meeting Details and right-click on the Click here to Join the Meeting link. Select Copy Link and share the link with your colleagues.
12. Make Participant a Presenter During Meeting in Teams
Yes, Microsoft Teams now supports multiple roles, and that is why you can promote participants to the presenter role in between the meeting. For doing so, follow the steps below:
- During the meeting, click on the Participants icon.
- After clicking, you will see a list of participants. Hover on the attendee’s name. Click on the three-dots icon and select the Make a Presenter option.
- You will receive a confirmation pop-up. Choose the Change option.
A notification will be sent out to the presenter of the new role.
Get the Most Out of Microsoft Teams!
These are some of the best Microsoft Team tips and tricks that you can start using today. I hope these best Microsoft Teams tips will help you be more productive in your workplace.
In Microsoft Teams Meeting, the Bar Keep Showing in Teams
To hide Meeting Control Taskbar, you need to open Microsoft Teams. First, you need to start the call and move the cursor away from the taskbar. And that’s it. The toolbar will disappear in no time.
How to Hide Microsoft Team Meetings Presenters in Teams Meeting
To hide meeting presenters, either you can enter in full-screen mode to hide everything. Only the screen shared by the presenters will be visible. You can also click on three dots followed by Focus on the Shared Content button.
Cant See All Participants in Video Microsoft Teams?
No method allows you to see all participants at once in one meeting. Microsoft Teams support 300 members to join in one meeting, so it is impractical to show everyone at the time. Max of 49 people can be seen at one time during a meeting. However, if you have less than 49 people joining, you can see them all at once.