Are you looking for some of the best video editors for your Windows PC? If yes, then you are at the right place. Here we will list the five best video editors and discuss their features in detail. Check out the video editors list and their features to find what works best for you.
Best Video Editors for Windows To Bring Life to Your Videos
Each video editor in the list has its pros and cons. It’s important to find out what fits your requirement regarding video editing.
- Davinci Resolve
- HitFilm Express
- Microsoft Photos
Let’s discuss these five video editors and their features.
OpenShot is a free-to-use Windows-supported video editor with various fantastic video editing features. This is the best if you are a beginner looking for a free tool to apply basic editing skills.
With this tool, you will get basic features like rotating, resizing, and cropping. This tool offers color grading, contrast, and brightness adjustment to improve video quality. This tool provides a real-time preview of the app. The drag-and-drop interface of this tool makes it easy to use for everyone. With this tool, you will also get additional features like frame stepping, credit scrolling, and time mapping.
- Easy to use and best for beginners
- No watermark on output videos
- Non-linear editor with infinite tracks
- It consists curved based time mapping
- Limited and basic editing features
- It requires less powerful hardware acceleration
- Unstable performance
Other Key Features
- Audio editing facility
- Customizable templets for projects
- Different layers for audio, videos, and watermarks
- Editor’s Animation features to create innovative animation clips
We will recommend you download this tool only from its official website.
2] Davinci Resolve
If you are a professional video editor looking for a free but advanced editing tool, we recommend you go with Davinci Resolve. Many professionals prefer to use this video editor because of its ability to combine visual and audio effects and color correction.
This editor was first designed to work with Black Magic accessories like cameras and hardware where you can directly edit from cameras during shooting.
The 8K video editing facility makes this tool more popular for professionals who create videos for film production, YouTube video release, and commercial video creation. This editor has free and paid versions and some additional features.
Undoubtedly this is a high-performance free video editor with a facial recognition feature to change the skin tone, lips, and eyes colors.
- Easy to color grade videos on it
- This video editor gets regular updates and features
- It process and edits audio directly from the software
- Easy to add special effects and text during video editing
- Not suitable for beginners
- This software can be a bit overwhelming because of several features and advanced tools for video editing.
Other Key Features
- Easy auto and syncing video feature
- High-quality motion changes to speed up and slow-processed clips
- More than 2000 tracks of audio
- This editor comes with a Fairlight feature to mix channels during editing.
- Picture-in-picture effects, zoom, adding texts, and much more features.
Always download this editor from its official website.
Shotcut is another open-source video editor for Windows with hundreds of video audio and image formats. This editor has a multi-format timeline feature that lets users mix videos in different resolutions and framerates.
This tool supports timeline markers, audio captures, and keyframes and provides various audio filters. The 360-degree video filters, broad transitions, and scopes make this video editor outstanding.
This is undoubtedly one of the best free Windows-supported video editors with rich functionality and the best user interface. This tool supports more than 30 languages, including Dutch, English, Japanese, and French. We will never recommend this tool to beginners.
- Drag and drop capabilities
- Video compositing
- 360-degree video editing features
- Three-way color correction feature
- No 3D editing option is available
- The inbuilt profiles are missing
- No option for YouTube or social media exporting
Additional Key Features
- It supports a multi-format timeline
- It supports 4K video editing
- It has advanced editing features like 360-degree video editing, audio scopes, and much more.
Always download this editor from its official website for safety reasons.
4] HitFilm Express
If you are looking for a free video editor for classy video effects, then HitFilm Express is always the best choice. This editor has more than 150 superb effects along with 3D composition and impact. You can put amazing effects for YouTube, movie, and music videos with the help of this editor.
The animation features of this editor make it effectless to turn transitions without managing complicated shots. This tool allows you to prepare and export 2D, 3D, 360 degree, and 4K videos which are usually available in other paid tools available in the market.
- Users can use more than 150 superb effects
- Simple interface
- Cutting-edge motion capture
- Impressive color grading options
- Some effects cant be previewed
- It has heavy system requirements
Other Key Features
- The inbuilt audio mixture produces super fine sound
- Directly upload videos on YouTube while on the editor.
- It has all essential features like cropping, timeline tracking, transitioning, and splicing.
- Easier to trim video clips and add them to the project’s timeline
- It can produce free shaky video clips with the help of an auto-stabilizer.
Download this video editor tool from its official website for safety purposes.
5] Microsoft Photos
The Microsoft Photos inbuilt video editor is the best option if you search for a basic video editor. This is an easy-to-use video editor with a simple interface and basic features.
The interface of this Microsoft photos video editor is clean and straightforward. If you are an entry-level video editor, this is the best tool; it comes with all essential features like 3D effects, text templates, filters, and simple transitions.
- Simple and user-friendly interface
- Auto album creation
- Integrates with OneDrive
- It comes with video editing features like soundtracks, texts, and transitions.
- Preview option not available
- Lacks chromatic aberration and geometric correction
- It doesn’t support panorama stitching or selective focus.
- Not for advanced-level video editing
Other Key Features
- Essential editing features like trimming, rotating, and Text adds.
- 3D and slow-motion effects along with the animated text.
- Simple interface, 2D effects on videos
If you are still following this post, you have an overall idea of some of the best video editors for Windows 11/10. When it comes to choosing the best one, it will always depend on the user, its expertise, and requirements. So always access your need and expertise level and pick the best editor among the above list for the best outcome. For any queries, feels free to ask us in the comment section.