Windows 10 can detect and configure the acceptable display settings, but still many users want to adjust them manually so that they can make the most of their games, videos, and images. Calibrating the display is not limited to enlarging the size of an element or changing the screen resolution, but also modifying the color saturation, brightness, and contrast up to the suitable level. Here in this article, we will show you that how can you calibrate PC monitor within a few seconds by following some simple steps on your Windows 10 PC.
How to calibrate your PC’s monitor on Windows 10
Many people with weak eyesight want to change the current color settings to avoid strain on eyes, and for that, manual assistance is required because your operating system won’t be able to judge those things. Let’s begin.
- Hold the Windows key and press I to open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on Display, which is located first on the left.
- Next, open the Advance Display Settings which is located at the bottom.
- If the recommended screen resolution is already showing up. If no then,
- Click on the drop-down list and choose the Recommended resolution
- Hit Apply tab.
- If Yes then,
- Click on Display Colour Calibration under Related Settings to launch the Wizard.
- Click Next to start.
Customizing Color Settings for Monitor in Windows 10
The screen will provide you the information to set specific color settings from the on the screen display menu. It is advisable to make a note of the display color settings if you are using a custom configuration which will help you in future if you want to revert the display settings.
- Click Next to continue.
- It will give you the information about Gemma, which is the mathematical relation between red, green, and blue color.
- Click on Next again.
- Move the slider upwards to minimize the visibility of the small dots in the middle of each circle and do it until they become almost invisible, then hit Next.
- Click on Next twice.
- Find the Brightness controls on the monitor. Set the brightness according to the description given on the screen, after that, click on Next to continue.
- It will give you the information about contrast, click on Next.
- Find the Contrast controls on display and set it as high as possible according to the instruction given on the screen and click Next.
- Now it will show you the information about color balance adjustment, click on Next.
- Move the sliders bar at the bottom to adjust the color balance. There would be Red, Blue and Green sliders to remove any color from the grey bars, after that hit Next.
- Now you have successfully created a new color calibration. You can click on Previous and Current calibration to check the effects and compare the changes.
- You will find an option that says “Start Clear Type Tuner when I click finish to ensure that text appears correctly.” Leave it checked.
Click on Finish if you are satisfied with the new calibration. Hit cancel if you want to use the previous one. It is worthy of knowing that even if you click on Cancel the settings that have been changed by the Display/Monitor or the on-screen display menu will be kept. You can always revert the changes manually or restore the default display settings.
So, these are all the steps that you have to follow if you want to calibrate your Windows 10 PC monitor effortlessly. If you have any questions, you can ask us in the comments section below.