Xbox Live like any other service on the internet offers you to renew your Xbox Live Gold membership subscription if you pay by credit card. It is possible that you won’t be using the console around renewal time because of vacation or work. In this post, I will show how you can cancel the auto-renewal of Xbox Live.
How to Cancel Auto Renewal of Xbox Live Gold Membership
- Go to Microsoft Billing Services and Subscriptions.
- Once you sign-in, it will list all the existing subscriptions
- Locate Xbox Live Gold. If the auto-renewal is turned on you should see “₹ xyz every year, next charge on 9/5/2019 with Visa **XYZ” or something similar.
- Click on the Manage link, and on the next page, locate Change.
- Click on it, and choose to Turn off recurring billing.
You will get to read the following warning :
Once automatic renewal has been turned off your membership will not renew at the end of its term. If you extend your membership by redeeming a prepaid code prior to the expiration of your current subscription, auto-renewal of your subscription will be reactivated. If you’d like to reactivate automatic renewal, please call Xbox Support
How to enable Auto-Renewal Subscription?
The catch here is that if you want to activate it back without calling Xbox Support, Find a code that can extend your membership i.e. Like a One Month Free subscription just before your membership is getting expired and it will switch to Auto-Renewal.
After Cancellation, you are asked why you wanted to cancel. I am sure what most people will give is that they wanted more control.
Another thing you will notice is that if you click on Change right next to Auto-Renewal, it will take you to the Xbox Support Contact page where you need to select Billing and then go ahead with the change request.