If you want to add or remove an app from the startup, then this post is going to help you with that. Most of the apps which you install on the computer register themselves to start with Windows. These apps take resources and also slow down the overall startup experience. More apps in the startup mean more time you have to wait before you can start using the computer. Also, not all apps need to be available right away. So it is best to remove them. In this post, we will share how you can change which apps run automatically at Startup in Windows 10
How to change which apps run automatically at Startup in Windows 10
- Click on the Start, then select Settings > Apps > Startup
- Toggle on the option next to the app you want at startup
- If you don’t see the Startup option in Settings, right-click the Start button, select Task Manager.
- Switch to Startup tab. (If you don’t see the Startup tab, select More details.)
- Select the app you want to change, then select Enable to run it at startup or Disable, so it doesn’t run.
How to add apps to startup
- Select the Start button and scroll to find the app you want to run at startup.
- Right-click the app, select More and then select Open file location. It opens the location where the shortcut to the app is saved.
- With the file location open, press the Windows logo key + R, type shell: startup, then select OK. It opens the Startup folder.
- Copy and paste the shortcut to the app from the file location to the Startup folder.
Note: If there isn’t an option for Open file location, it means the app can’t run at startup
I hope the post was easy to follow, and you were able to change which apps run automatically at Startup in Windows 10. Always make sure to keep fewer apps in the startup and launch them as you need. It will make sure the computer will have fewer apps to close down when shutting down.