Alexa is known as a virtual assistant that can control almost all activities from your devices by the use of voice. Alexa cannot function without setting it up.
In this article, you will see the different ways to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi. The steps to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi are clearly explained in this article for your understanding.
On the other hand, you can play music, read messages to your hearing, set the alarm, make calls, and perform so much more if you connect Alexa to Wi-Fi.
If there is no internet connection on your device, Alexa will not work. Subsequently, it is also not possible to use Alexa without the Alexa application.
Look below to see the ways if you want to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi:
How to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi
Before proceeding to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi, you need to download the Alexa app and log in. Then you will have to choose your Echo and include it to your Alexa app. When you are done connecting the Echo to Alexa, you can proceed to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi.
You can connect Alexa to Wi-Fi with the use of some devices, which include Android, Smart Phones, Computers, Tablets, iPhone, and Amazon Kindle. The steps to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi include:
- Log in to your account. In case you do not have an account; you are expected to sign up.
- After signing in, you will see an “options” button located on the left-hand side of your screen. Click on the options button, and another option will be displayed.
- A record of Amazon Echo devices will appear on your screen. Proceed to choose your device. A search will start, and your Alexa name will be displayed on the screen.
- The next step needs you to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi. Before that is done, there will be the commencement of a Wi-Fi search. This search will allow you to choose an internet option.
- Once Alexa is finally connected to Wi-Fi, you will hear an audio tone, which will signify a successful connection.
How to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi from your Smartphone
Follow the steps below to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi from your Smartphone:
- From your Smartphone, visit the App Store and search for the Alexa application. Proceed to download it and sign in if you have an account. Create one if you do not have any.
- Launch the Alexa app and add your device through the (+) key. To make this possible, tap on the (+) sign.
- On your Smartphone, you will see a list of all Amazon Echo devices. Choose your device, and a search will commence. In your Wi-Fi settings, your Alexa name will be displayed. This is where you are expected to choose your device. Tap the “Connect” option. In some cases, you will be required to turn on your Bluetooth.
- A Wi-Fi search will commence, and you can proceed to connect Alexa to your Wi-Fi.
- Once Alexa connects to Wi-Fi, you will hear an audio sound.
There you have it; you have successfully connected Alexa to your Wi-Fi.
The Reasons Alexa Will Not Connect To Wi-Fi
There are some reasons Alexa will not connect to Wi-Fi. It may be because of several network issues. Some problems may come up whenever you want to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi.
Well, not to worry because we have compiled a list of some reasons Alexa will not connect to Wi-Fi. Take a look at them below:
- Your Alexa will not connect to Wi-Fi if your Alexa has been reported stolen or if you cannot find it.
- You won’t be able to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi if your Alexa is already connected to another Wi-Fi.
- If the power port on Alexa is not connected to a power supply, Alexa will not connect to Wi-Fi.
- If your router or modem is faulty, Alexa won’t be able to connect to Wi-Fi.
- If there is any barrier that is stopping web signals from moving freely, Alexa won’t connect freely to Wi-Fi
The process of connecting Alexa to Wi-Fi is easy if you know the nitty-gritty about the procedures. Thankfully, we have outlined the detailed steps to go about connecting Alexa to Wi-Fi.
Except you have problems with your device and connecting it to Wi-Fi, the procedures listed in this article ought to take just a few minutes to get connected.
There are a whole lot of things you will benefit from if you connect Alexa to Wi-Fi, especially as regards your Smartphone, tablet, and so on.
Your life can be quite easier if you explore the benefit of Alexa while connecting it to a reliable Wi-Fi network.