There had been a big gap between when Microsoft introduced Continuum, and when Windows 10 Anniversary Update was rolled out. Microsoft has always showcased Continuum as a differentiator, but much-needed features like support for multiple window, etc were never talked about until today.
At its Ignite IT conference in Atlanta, Microsoft revealed that Windows 10 Mobile Redstone 2 update will bring improvement, and enhancements around Continuum, to make it even closer to PC like experience. This is of course more inclined towards Enterprise, but at least there is something to differentiate as of now.
According to, Continuum will offer:
- Apps will get resizable windows.
- Apps can be snapped if you want them side by side.
- Pin Apps to Taskbar.
- Independently customize your Start menu.
- Proximity Connect feature will let you automatically connect to dock over wireless connection.
- Some business features include bulk updating devices via USB, SMS logging,
- Control over Wi-Fi Direct, as well as the ability to reset a PIN remotely.
This is of course only part of Redstone 2 update which is set to arrive in April 2017, but it is at least good to hear something on Continuum from Microsoft which was looking as good as dead. I have the dock which came with Lumia 950 XL, and its been there sitting unless because the much-needed improvements need to arrive.