Windows uses drivers to make your connected devices work. Be it USB devices, your WiFi network, your printer, or anything. Hence, you must keep your drivers up to date. So if you are having trouble connecting your USB devices to your computer, you may want to download and install USB drivers in Windows. This works on both Windows 11 and Windows 10.
Installing USB Drivers is extremely easy, and there are various ways and tools are available for the job. So let me go ahead and mention the best ways to update or install USB drivers.
How to Download and Install USB Drivers on Windows?
There are various ways to download USB drivers on Windows. You can do it by going to your PC’s manufacturing website. Or use a driver updating tool. Alternatively, you can also go to Windows device manager, and from there, you can update and download the latest USB Drivers.
However, for this article, I am going to talk about the following methods:
- Download USB Drivers From Manufacturers Website
- Driver Downloading Software
- Update USB Driver From Device Manager
So let me talk about all of these ways one by one:
1] Download USB Drivers From Manufacturers Website
One of the easiest ways to download USB drivers is to go to your PC’s manufacturer’s website. So if you have a Laptop from Dell or HP. Then you need to go to their website and search for driver downloads based on your laptop model.
You can find your laptop model underneath your laptop. So do make a note of it, and then go to the manufacturer’s website, and you are good to go.
The same goes for Pre-built desktop computers. So if you own a desktop of Dell, HP, Lenovo, or any other company, go to their manufacturing website.
However, if you are using a custom-built PC that has parts of different companies, then you will need to go to your PC’s motherboards manufacturer’s website and download USB drivers from there.
2] Use Driver Downloading Software
You can also try out driver downloading software. Driver downloading software can help you to keep all your PC’s drivers up to date. It makes managing driver upgrades extremely easy. Plus, it saves the time you would spend searching and downloading suitable software for your computer.
There are many drivers downloading apps are available out there, and a majority of them are paid. However, there are a few affordable options available that you can check out.
3] Update USB Driver From Device Manager
Lastly, you can update USB drivers by going to the device manager. Device manager is a utility for managing drivers on Windows, and it allows you to update drivers. To use Device Manager, follow the below steps:
- Right-click on the start menu and select Device Manager.
- Then expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Right-click on each of the drivers one by one.
- Select Update Driver > Search automatically for drivers > Search for updated drivers in Windows.
- It will take you to Windows Settings. All drivers updates are optional, and hence you need to go to Advanced Options > Optional Update.
Suppose the above steps did not work for you. Then you can try updating Windows. Since Windows now ships driver upgrades with Windows updates.
Do I Need To Install Drivers After I Install Windows From a USB Flash?
It depends. In most cases, Windows offers you all the drivers you are going to need. But sometimes, the existing drivers are not enough. Hence, you may have to install additional drivers or update the existing ones.
How Do I Install USB 3.0 Drivers on Windows 11/10?
- Go to Device Manager.
- Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Right-click on USB 3.0 Driver.
- Select Update Driver > Search For Search automatically for drivers.
- If not found, then download it from the manufacturer’s website.
How Do I Reinstall USB 3.0 Drivers?
- Launch Device Manager.
- Go to Universal Serial Bus controllers and right-click on USB 3.0 Port.
- Select Uninstall device.
- Right-click on Universal Serial Bus controllers and select Scan for hardware changes.
- Windows will automatically find new drivers or use a generic one.
So that was all about how you can download and install a USB Drivers on Windows 11/10. I hope this guide has helped you with what you are looking for. If you wish to ask anything else, do comment below, and I will help you out.