Well, that did not take long. Facebook Messenger App for Windows 10 is here. You can download it from the Microsoft Store on your PC. It is possible that some of you might not be able to download it right away; we suggest you try it again if that’s the case. It usually happens when there is an error in the store. Here is how to download Facebook Messenger App for Windows 10, Windows 11 and Windows 10 Mobile.
Download New Facebook Messenger App for Windows 11/10
Looks like the app has been built by Facebook, which also appears in the publisher’s name. Here are the features you can expect from the app.
- Get notifications so you never miss a message
- See when you have messages waiting for you with a live tile
- Send photos, videos, GIFs, and more
- Bring your conversations to life with stickers
- Know when people have seen your messages
- Create groups for the people you message most—name them and set group photos
- Forward messages or photos to people who weren’t in the conversation
- Search for people and groups to get back to them quickly.
The app is supported in more than 25 languages which include English (United States), Español (España, Alfabetización Internacional), and Italiano (Italia). I am sure this Mobile version will show up relatively soon.
That said, the app seems to consume a lot of power, which can be noticed in the Task Manager. Messages are not shown instantly as well. One suggestion I could add is integrating Facebook’s instant games into this app. I still keep using Web messenger or use my phone to keep a tab on the messages.
Let us know if it works for you. Do you think it works well on your computer? Or do you use the web version just like me?