Sounds like Viber is work on their toes to get to every platform possible. After recent upgrades to their apps on other platform including the desktop app for Windows 8 which allowed one to switch calls between mobile and desktop, the latest is the native app of Viber on Windows 8. The app has been built from the ground delivering the same user experience as other Metro App on the platform.
Unique Windows 8 Features:
Not only this, the app also includes several features which are unique to this platform:
- Pin Viber conversations to the Start screen
- Snap Viber to the side of the screen with Snap View
- Search for Viber contacts using the Search charm
- “Windows 8 Toast Notifications” guarantee that you never miss a message or call
- Change languages regardless of your system language
- Viber messaging, free calls, stickers, and seamless integration and call transfers between mobile and desktop versions of Viber.
Once you install and launch the app, you can use the same number which you are using in your existing mobile app. A verification code is sent to your Viber app to confirm. Done that all your contacts on your mobile using Viber will be available and you can make and switch call as you regularly do.
According to Talmon Marco, CEO of Viber :
“This is the natural next step for Viber following our support for Windows Phone 8, bringing a fully compatible and custom designed version of Viber to Microsoft’s touch-friendly OS,” said Talmon Marco, CEO of Viber. “Windows 8 is an exciting platform to develop for, and brings a whole new set of UI elements and unique functionality to Viber for the first time. We are excited to support Viber users on Windows 8 and this is part of our commitment to wide, cross platform availability.”
The app can be downloaded by following the link below or just go to viber.com and download their app for Windows 8.